Highlighted

2 Tamron 18-400 lenses, only 1 recognized in raw

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted thisin the PS forum and someone suggested I post this here.

In short, I have 2 Tamron 18-400 DiII B028E Canon mount lenses purchased about a year apart.

If I use the older lens the Camera Raw 11.4.1 works automatically, if I use the newer one it does not recognize the lens and I have to remember to assign it with every file opened. The profile exists but does not automatically choose it. It happens in multiple versions of PS (up to 2018, all up to date).

I'm running MacOS 10.13.6. I ASSUME it's a firmware differnece in the lens?

Tamron says it's strictly an Adobe problem.  Any suggestions? Adobe?

Thank for any help.

Topics

Bug, Lens support, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 Tamron 18-400 lenses, only 1 recognized in raw

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted thisin the PS forum and someone suggested I post this here.

In short, I have 2 Tamron 18-400 DiII B028E Canon mount lenses purchased about a year apart.

If I use the older lens the Camera Raw 11.4.1 works automatically, if I use the newer one it does not recognize the lens and I have to remember to assign it with every file opened. The profile exists but does not automatically choose it. It happens in multiple versions of PS (up to 2018, all up to date).

I'm running MacOS 10.13.6. I ASSUME it's a firmware differnece in the lens?

Tamron says it's strictly an Adobe problem.  Any suggestions? Adobe?

Thank for any help.

Topics

Bug, Lens support, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?