• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A99ii support?

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, Will you be adding support for the a99ii (Sony camera) soon?

I can send you some raw files if you need them.  (Well later today - I'm expecting delivery of my camera this morning)

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Well, not days or weeks, but hours.   We pushed 9.8 live this morning, with support for this camera:

ACR 9.8 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

We are working on support and hope to make it available soon. Thanks for the offer on the files. We have a unit here.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting too ))) Thank you people You are awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about now? Can't use this camera properly still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a stop-gap, a user on dyxum.com showed us how to trick LR into thinking the A99ii is a A7Rii.  with exiftool, type this command:

exiftool -SonyModelID="ILCE-7RM2" *.arw

LR still lists the raw files as A99ii but now reads them.  The output from LR with the A99ii raw files looks good but maybe adobe will tweak things a little further with official support....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've done this but on a Mac it's a painful process and only works if done on individual files for some reason. Kind of a Mickey Mouse way to use a $4k camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose this is the pain we feel as Early Adopters.  Sony provides IDC for raw conversion and I suppose there is no other software house *required* to provide support at all.

luckily for us, Adobe are generally quick off the mark to add new cameras and as they stated above, they already have an a99ii to work on.   Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for some RAW support on the A99II guys!  Please let it be coming soon!  Camera is in hand and I really don't want to use another companies software.   Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hear you. It will be coming soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response!   I hope so! 

Thanks!

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Do you have any idea if it'll be in the upcoming days or weeks? Capture One is already supporting it since more than a week now... Thanks, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not days or weeks, but hours.   We pushed 9.8 live this morning, with support for this camera:

ACR 9.8 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much thanks!  Keep up the great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait! Please don't make me use this Phase One software for very long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update for ACR 9.8/Lightroom 6.8 with a99II support went out this morning.

Enjoy!

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoo!   Thank you guys!  Now I can see what this camera is really capable of! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!   Good work!  My LR CC just received the update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I do not have CC but the 5.7 which has current updates. I just bought an A99ii and shot a wedding with it only to import and receive the Preview unvailable message. Will this update work for me? If not, what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way of importing A99 II Raw files into Lightroom 5. You need Lightroom 6.8 or later.

Options:

1. Join the Cloud, install Lightroom CC 2015, update to 2015.10 and import A99 II Raw files, or
  2. Upgrade to Lightroom 6, update to 6.10 then import and edit your Raw files, or
  3. Free option: stay with Lightroom 5, download and install the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert all Raw files to DNG format then import the DNG files (NOT the Raw files) into Lightroom 5. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! Thanks so much for getting back to me. I wasnt expecting a response so soon!

Based on feedback from the LR users is CC favorable versus the upgrade to LR 6 or vice versa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susiepics  wrote

Based on feedback from the LR users is CC favorable versus the upgrade to LR 6 or vice versa?

It's entirely your choice. There's no better or worse. Just what suits you best. Weigh up the pros and cons and decide for yourself.

CC: monthly payments forever (you never own the software), all updates and upgrades are included at no extra cost. You're always up to date.

Version 6 Standalone: one-off payment to upgrade. No more costs. Minor updates are free. But no more new features or major upgrades without paying for another upgrade (e.g. Lightroom 7 - if there is one).

Alternatively, do nothing and stay with version 5. Convert all Raw files to DNG using the DNG converter prior to importing them into Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. I truly appreciate it  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines