• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 10.1 does not open smart object when pressing SHIFT and click OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the help is still there, when hovering over the OPEN button with the mouse, the button does not switch to OPEN OBJECT when pressing the SHIFT key.

MAC OSx High Sierra - MACBook Pro 2017

Regards,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting ACR's preferences? Go to Bridge and press opt-cmd-shift immediately after clicking to open a file. If you don't see the dialog box asking if you want to reset your preferences, you weren't fast enough pressing the keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! 

As hard as I try, I do not see the dialog box. I also found the hint to drag a file in the PS window and before you release (or even before?) press the CMD/OPT/SHIFT combination. But no dialog pops up...

Is there some change in CC2018?  

So far I used a workaround to open all files from ACR as an object.

Any other hints?

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right click to bring up the context menu, then click on "Open in Camera Raw." Then press the buttons:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This I already tried and did it again. No way - even, when I hold the three buttons already, when clicking on "Open in Camera Raw:" 

Very strange...

First I upgraded to CC2018 and then to High Sierra - I believe since the upgrade to High Sierra the effect started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't work if you press the buttons before you click open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood - I tried both ways without success.

Now I double checked on my MacBook 12" and there everything works flawlessly (High Sierra, CC2018, ACR10.1).

Pressing Shift in ACR toggles the Open picture/object button.

Pressing the three-key combination right after selecting an RAW/DNG image to open in ACR, the mentioned pop-up appears.

That brings me to the question, if something had changed in the hardware of the MacBook Pro 2017 15"... 

But other Tool-Toggles in ACR work.

Very strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines