• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 6.1 Final release - STILL WON´T INSTALL!

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS gives message that CameraRaw 6.1 is avaiable, and there´s also an update for Bridge.

BUT THE UPDATE WON´T INSTALL, claiming another instance of Update is running. But there is no other instance running!!!

I´ve checked over and again, I´ve rebooted, I´ve searched and cleaned the registry, I´ve disabled all update services for other software and so on - and the damn thing still won´t install on my Windows Vista 32bit machine!

Uninstall CS5 and re-install? Don´t think so! I have the update version and have uninstalled previous versions so in order to re-install CS5 I´d have to install CS4 first (provided I can even find the proper key...) and then install CS5 and uninstall CS4 again and spend a couple of hours manually going through the registry to delete entries that haven´t been cleaned up and then hope the problem would be solved?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Adobe fix this or send my money back!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoboy is exactly correct...... FIX THIS OR ELSE REFUND MY MONEY BACK!    I already gave Adobe my hand when I extended it with thousands of dollars intact. They took my money and can't supply with a correctly working product.

If Adobe wants to withdraw then I will withdraw my money I gave to them!  I don't want any excuses that they cannot duplicate the problem. They just don't want to support it fully after the sale. Sort of like a landlord that takes your money for rent but doesn't want to fix problems!

Curt Y if you have nothing useful to say then stop responding just keep your mouth shut.  It is obvious you are an employee. And for your info I am entitled to complain for crying out loud I paid thousands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't get your "thousands" back by ranting in a user-to-user forum, sport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhhhhhhhh yes, sports....... next sport I will play will the TPB all the way...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the cowboy with a burr under the saddle that keeps blaming the horse for bucking when he gets on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woahhhhhhhh if I give you a sugar cube will you shuddup??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way sjprg I am not the only one having an issue with this check out other user posted comments. This has never been a problem in other releases of the CS. CS3 and CS4 updated like a charm so there is no reason why Adobe cannot get their act together and correct this problem.

This is what WE pay for. if it wasn't for us customers then Adobe wouldn't exist!

It is obvious your just another disgruntled Adobe employee that cannot bear to hear the truth because you have to defend the fact that Adobe cannot figure out the problem! then try to put the blame on the consumers computer! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if many folks are having the same issue then the problem obviously lies with ADOBE! I know TRUTH HURTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for ADOBE! Sometimes I don't even like Adobe. I just fix the dumb  installs that show up. Do a CLEAN install of your OS, and reload Adobe. I've already done three this week alone. OR with the time you have wasted trying to do it the lazy way you could have been working a week or more ago. I come across more hardware crap, freebie software, registry cleaner crap, etc. than you could possibly beleive. All programs AND data loaded on the "C" drive, virtuial memory set way to low, not near enough memory. I could go on and on about the things I find. BUT seeing how you don't like what I have to say, figure it out the hard way. If I really thought the problem was Adobe's I would be on their case, as I have over the years.

They do have their share of problems, but they do work through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't like Adobe you sure coulda fooled me. Seems like you could be their lawyer! I am sure you don't work for them! Of course you will not admit it. Anyways, Why the hell would I waste time cleaning out my OS reienstalling everything just because Adobe screwed up. This is something they need to fix. I NEVER had to wipe out my OS upgrading from CS3 to CS4 now why should I go through the heartache with CS5!

Don't you worry about me. You don't know me and you have no idea how much time or how little time I actually spent trying to figure this out. I guess with you it goes in one ear and out the other. CS3 AND CS4 WERE NO PROBLEM WITH THE AUTO UPDATER NOW THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH CS5. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Now, get with your Adobe fellow employee's and work on this issue genius know it all......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pronil, I've had a different problem with AAM. Gave me the error line "Another Instance of Updater is running" despite detailed troubleshooting with the Adobe tech team to ensure that no other instance of Updater was indeed running in the background. We established that there was a problem with the updater fiels itself.

I've applied your files and the package. The problem seems to have gone away - successfully applied the Adobe update patches today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pronil Sengupta, I was having the same problem with the Adobe updater, but your solution solved the problem. My updater just kept telling me that there was another instance running when there was not. After replacing those 3 files I was able to get the updater working again.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the fix, but I still recieve an error message stating that "Another Instance of Updater is running".  Is there anything else I can try?  I have RAW images from my T2i that I want to edit, but I don't want to convert them all to do so...Thank you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please zip the contents 1.0 folder from the following location and mail me these logs @ mabansal@adobe.com for investigations.

Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/
Win Vista and higher: <os-drive>:\Users\<user>\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\
Win XP: <os-drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AAMUpdater\

Thanks,

Manju

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manju,

Thank you for the response, but after some digging, I found the root of the problem.  I am on Windows 7 and the "Workstation" service was set to manual.  Once I started the service, all the updates work just fine.  Thank you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manju,

I gave up on CS5 and have since removed it from my compurter, will stay with CS4 for now.

Thanks for your assistance,

Vern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pronil. My last line (Uid size) output is actually "41", not "empty". Any idea on how I should proceed? A message saying "updater is already running" is showing. I am using v9.2 on a Windows 8.0
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind Pronil, sorry. Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users

The error log seems to point to ERROR: 1 Unable to get permissions of "/Applications/Adobe/AdobePatchFiles"

I checked my Application folder and I had an old text file called "Adobe"

I deleted and create a new empty folder "Adobe"

I tried the updater again and at this point it was able to use this new folder

and complete the update both for ACR 6.1 and Bridge 4.0.2

Yohoo!

Done!

Mic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the adobe text file and adding an empty Adobe folder worked for me - running OSX 10.6.4.  Thanks.

So the problem is not OS junk, but an Adobe junk file from March 25, 2005.  The engineers who designed the upgrade software haven't upgraded through a long series of Adobe products.

Someone needs to get this fix into general circulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, unfortunately, you hit across the rare known issue. Update does not apply if any file named 'Adobe' is present in parellel to the place where the application is installed, eg: /Application.

This is an OS rule that you cannot have file and folder name same in same location and while applying update, update needs to create a folder named "Adobe".

Regards,

Pronil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install ACR 6.1, keeps telling me to close Bridge, Bridge not open. Tried rebooting and installing with above the installed patch, with no luck.

Really really upsetting.

Vern 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the Processes Tab of the Task Manager for any instance of bridge.exe?  The autoload bridge feature screws up a lot of operatons when Bridge is hiding in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround to this issue:

1. Go to control panel

2. Open the administrative tools (switch to classic mode if you cannot see administrative tool)

3. Open services

4. Check for the service named "Workstation"

5. Start the service (Right click start) if it is in stopped state.

Those you have already resolved the issue by replacing the files (as mentioned in my post above), it would be great help in building more understanding towards the issue, if you can just check if the "Workstation" service is off in your machine which was facing the issue.

Regards,

Pronil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pronil Sengupta wrote:

Another workaround to this issue:

1. Go to control panel

2. Open the administrative tools (switch to classic mode if you cannot see administrative tool)

3. Open services

4. Check for the service named "Workstation"

5. Start the service (Right click start) if it is in stopped state.

Those you have already resolved the issue by replacing the files (as mentioned in my post above), it would be great help in building more understanding towards the issue, if you can just check if the "Workstation" service is off in your machine which was facing the issue.

Regards,

Pronil

Hi Pronil,

as per your request:

my "Workstation" service is in manual mode and currently stopped.

Since I applied the workaround (the 3 files) I see no reason to start the service at this time.

And as my update now works I can´t check if the updater would work with the service started...(AAM runs and reports that everything is up to date)

A suggestion: wouldn´t it be simpler (for you as well as for us users) if you stepped back to earlier routines and supplied the update as a download, like you still do for Elements? I mean without the Patchinstaller, which doesn´t solve anything....

(As described in another thread I did use the Elements d/l as a temp solution until I got the files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for the reply, I have trided everything that was been suggested so far. I will try this later tody as I am on my break from jury duty that i am on for the rest of the week.

Thanks,

Vern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Windows Task Manager and click on processes tab.  Check to make sure you have no instance of bridge.exe running.

Many are unaware that it may be running in the background as they have autoload checked.

Kill bridge.exe and try updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines