Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR does not show color labels - just white

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running Photoshop CC (v 2017.0.0. 20161012.r.53 x64) and ACR 9.7.0.668 on Windows 10 Pro v1607. When I open pictures that have a color label ACR just shows a white label. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any ideas how to solve it?

acr-color.jpg

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me nuts too as I assign a cyan label for raw panorama stitches and magenta for HDR and when in the processing window they all appear white.

Mac OS X 10.10.x

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my laptop to the CC 2017 and it's showing color labels correctly but it's an old Win 7 machine. I did a complete deinstall, cleaning and reinstall of all Adobe products on the Win 10 desktop and the defunct color labels are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is go to CR preferences and un-check "Use Graphics Processor".  This has become a panacea lately for similar problems.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the idea of turning the Graphics Processor off, Richard. Unfortunately it did not help with this problem 😞

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Win10 version and the same PS and Bridge versions.  I went into Bridge, right-clicked on a couple of raws and gave them labels.  When opened in Camera Raw the colors were there, no issues.  So at least for a sample of one the system works.

I'm assuming in your setup the colors appear ok in Bridge?  I suggest you purge both your Bridge cache and ACR cache, and try again.  I did expand my ACR caches for Bridge and ACR to 10+ GB, although I don't know why that would make a difference.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I being moderated?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Richard. I am not using Bridge that much since my main programme for managing my pictures is Photo Mechanic. I can set color labels either in Bridge or PM and the other programm will show everything correctly. When I open RAW files with labels in ACR the resulting jpgs show the same color labels. It's just that ACR problem. I also purged both caches and nothing happened.

As I said, I even deinstalled all Adobe products, deleted all remains on the harddrive and reinstalled everything. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be sure, when you take a fresh raw image, and set the label in Bridge only, the color does not transfer over to the ACR film strip?  For my test I right-clicked on the Bridge thumbnail to set the label type.

I examined the .xmp side-car file for a raw file in which I set Second (yellow) for the label.  I used Wordpad to open the .xmp file, as it is all text.  In it was the line 'xmp:Label="Second"'.  Is this line present in your .xmp files with the color omission?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested I tried everything on a fresh raw image but no success. I then went the language path. My bridge and photoshop is set to german so the label had german names too. Even when changing the programm language to english the labels would still be in german. I then changed them to the original english names, set labels on some fresh raws but still ACR is only showing white. It's frustrating.

Thank you for your support, Richard. Much appreciated!

Oliver

Edit: Yes, the 'xmp:Label="Second' is present in my XMP files. It's also transfered to the generated jpg since they are correctly labeled when the raw are being processed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I found the problem. Setting the color label directly in ACR and then looking at the xmp file shows that ACR stores labels with different names. Namely Red, Blue, Yellow etc. Don't know why it's not corresponding to the Bridge label names but I think I now know how to solve it by changing the names of the labels in Bridge.

EDIT: Yes, changing the label names to Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're on it.  I did a forum search of "label color", and found some similar entries, but they seemed to be mostly Lightroom, having to do with a language change after an upgrade that caused the same issue.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still curious, here are two images in ACR and the Bridge prefs.  Why does mine work even though I don't have the color names?  AFAIK there is no setting in ACR to choose one or the other.

ACRColors.jpg

BridgeLabelPrefs.jpg

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - ACR was hosted directly from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines