• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR HDR does not work well

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really use the "Merge as HDR" function for my DJI drone pictures but after the last update (11.2.0.135) it does not work properly anymore.

Load 3 or 5 images, select them and click on "Merge HDR". Alignment is done correctly but the displayed image has no HDR improvement... it is only the first one in the list. All the sliders are in the middle position.

Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max,

I am an HDR creator (for some 10 years now) but I'm not a drone user. I have friends who do use them and also do HDR. One of the issues/problems my friend has is that since his drone (a very expensive one I might add), cannot achieve two stop changes in each bracketed image, he has to do something like 1/2 stop or 1/3 stop (I forget now) and just end up with a whole bunch of images and tossing out the ones in-between to get the three shots with 2 stops in between each shot. Needless to say he does the exposure brackets using time, not the f-stop.

So, with that in mind, what is your bracketing for your images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, thanks for your answer. Me also I have DJI Inspire 2 with X5S camera (is a 12K € drone).

I had this problem with the latest update of ACR (11.2.0), with the previous version everything worked fine!

Also with my drone the brackets is with time (example 1/200, 1/320, 1/500, 1/800, 1/1250).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Max,

Ha! Sorry I cannot appreciate the drone you have, I neither have a drone or even looked to purchase one. But a 12K € drone sounds like it SHOULD be very nice.

I just did a quick check with my copy of the default ACR 11.2 and I did notice one thing that is wrong: if you have the box checked to Automatically make color and tone corrections, it doesn't. So you have to click the Auto button when the new DNG appears in thumbnails on the left.

But, also to compare the "middle" image with the resultant HDR, it is important to zoom into the dark regions of the image and look for noise. Below is what I showed to be a typical case in the test I just did.

On the left you see the original image. On the right is the HDR version. (Both had the same amount of adjustments applied to both after the HDR conversion. You can see that while the appearance is very similar, the non-HDR (the middle image) is full of noise. The HDR has essentially no noise.

So there are two issues here: one is that the Auto is not doing the Auto but the process is working (at least with my images). Please try this again with your images and see if the Auto has been activated. If not, manually click the Auto and see if that gets you what you want.

Let me know.

compare.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines