• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR presets missing

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent updates to Bridge/PS/ACR, some of my presets have disappeared from Camera RAW.  The actual files are still in the correct folder, but are no longer recognized by ACR.  If I try to load them manually, I get the following error: Unable to load raw conversion settings.  The Camera Raw settings in the selected ".XMP" metadata file are not compatible with this image.

Very frustrating since I use many of these presets.  Any suggestions on how to make them compatible again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your loading the presets (Profiles) when using the Camera Raw filter inside of photoshop?

(Profiles accessible from the Basic panel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter whether I'm using Camera Raw inside of Photoshop or going directly to ACR from Bridge (or Windows Explorer).  Same result, same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only seen that happen with the camera raw filter, since Profile Presets created with Camera Raw proper will not work in the Camera Raw filter.

So even in camera raw proper you go Load some presets and get that message?

Do you know what version of camera raw the presets were created with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I recently upgraded to OS Mojave and PS CC and next thing I knew my ACR presets disappeared and when I try and replace them they don’t show under settings. Yes, I have them in the correct folder. I read somewhere that the naming convention had been changed. But I can’t find details on that.

Unfortunately I had a Time Machine conflict with an installed app and Iin the process of ”fixing” it, I had to reformat the drive and lost my backup.

I too work fromBridge andopen directly in AC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a different issue.

On the mac side the presets go in

Users⁩/User Name/Library⁩/⁨Application Support⁩/Adobe⁩/CameraRaw⁩/Settings⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same, or similar, problem. Yes, that is the folder I have them in.

Strangely, some presets do show. But others, that I really need, don’t. Has there been some kind of naming convention change, or thefile extension (.xmp) ?

i open ACR directly from Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some presets are under the Presets tab and some (the new profile presets) are under the Basic tab.

pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

pre3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, they were under user presets. 3rd image. The others were populated by adobe presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only some of the presets are missing.  This issues applies to User Presets, (I never use the canned presets that Adobe includes.)  For example, I have the VSCO Portra film pack.  Before the latest round of CC updates, I had multiple variations of the Portra 160 presets.  Now, only one appears.  I verified that all the Portra files are still in the correct folder/directory.  If I attempt load a preset file (via "Load Settings") I get the aforementioned error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found a solution, sort of.  I downgraded Adobe Camera Raw to version 10.5 and all my presets reappeared.  Obviously, Adobe made some changes in the latest version that rendered these presets incompatible.  Guess I won't be updating for awhile.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you go back to Camera Raw 10.5?

I have reverted back 2 versions of PS from 20.0.1 to 20 to 19.1.17 but the version of Camera Raw stays the same (11.1.0.112) and the presets still don't show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded version 10.5 from Adobe.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this 'plug-in' allow you to launch Camera Raw from Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Camera Raw is the Plug-In that launches from Bridge and inside PS.
It is weird that when you downgrade Photoshop, it doesn't automatically downgrade ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks so much for the help.

I can't believe we're the only two with this issue.

Please keep me informed if you find out more or if adobe fix acr

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rbellphoto,

Thanks for the tipp, which immediately solved the issue for me. On a side note, instead of ACR 10.5, I‘ve re-installed ACR 11.0.

Phew, Adobe is breaking many things recently...

Thanks again,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried ACR 11.1 - didn't work; Tried ACR 10.5 and IT WORKED!!! Thank God!

Clearly Adobe has not been QA testing the latest version of ACR.

Thanks to rbellphoto for the tip!

Cheers! I can finally do some work.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice to go back to RAW 10.5 - I had the exact same issue regarding my VSCO presets, not visible at all in 11.1, but going back to 10.5 totally worked. It's been a frustrating 2 days, my upgrade to Capture One v12 also went totally wrong as well, not keen to update Photoshop either. Clearly something wrong with Adobe's most recent upgrade with regard to Camera Raw.

Thanks again for the solution rbellphoto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!

Where are they stored? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally figured out a solution for VSCO presets on Adobe CC 13.3

go back to 10.5 plugin version. restart computer. upload your presets in the correct file. the program will not run. it's ok. just download the current acr version now (13.3) and they should reappear in User Presets when running ACR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the big issue to this problem.

Adobe started with an AI feature.

To see all the presets you imported ( or placed in the right bin) just ' open' your preset window in ACR> Then go to the three dots button that is a drop-down toggle menu, and select " Show partially compattible presets'' .

After clicking this button you should now be able to see all your filters ;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you! That worked for me! The text of the name of the preset appears in a lighter gray. as if it's not able to be clicked on, but it does let me choose it. Weird. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks, it worked for me 🙂 many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find your presets that have disappeared from the Presets panel (Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Settings > User Presets), back them up in an unrelated directory, open them in a text editor, remove the following two lines and save:

<crs:CameraProfile>ACR 4.4</crs:CameraProfile>

<crs:CameraProfileDigest>6DDFF24B12B83727DC4E525914132117</crs:CameraProfileDigest>

Doing that will enable these presets for all raw files, instead only some (for example, older raw files but not newer raw files).

Photographer | Shangara.me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines