• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR presets missing

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent updates to Bridge/PS/ACR, some of my presets have disappeared from Camera RAW.  The actual files are still in the correct folder, but are no longer recognized by ACR.  If I try to load them manually, I get the following error: Unable to load raw conversion settings.  The Camera Raw settings in the selected ".XMP" metadata file are not compatible with this image.

Very frustrating since I use many of these presets.  Any suggestions on how to make them compatible again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, i was looking for a solution for more than a year. I found the problem and fixed it. But its stupid.

The problem is adobe. They hide all presets if you don't have the right CameraProfiles. So what i did, i converted all my CameraProfiles (.dcp) for my leica m10 because vsco didn't have those at the beginning.

This means that you have to convert you dcp to a xml, change the value and reconvert it again. That is really a lot of work and doesnt make sense. And it doesn't work for jpegs. So i cannot use any of my filter for jpgs anymore. =( Another way is to open your filters with a raw from an older camera and reset the camera profile there.

As soon as you get a new camera you cannot use camera raw presets anymore if you can't get the new CameraProfiles.

The only longtime solution is, that adobe reset that single small line of code in their update. =/ Really annoying that your whole workflow doenst work anymore.

I reported it to adobe and they told me that they didn't change it. But now that i found the solution and the mistake i know they did. Maybe this help you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran into this issue: very frustrating. I found all of the information here incredibly useful (thank you everyone!).

This information might be helpful explaining what's happening (ie. the files likely didn't get converted over with the update):

Adjust color rendering for your camera in Adobe Camera Raw

What I did try was importing a zip file of my presets and it appeared to work on the batch I imported (see the «Import profiles and presets» section in the link above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having this problem, there is a switch in LR and PS called " Hide partially compatible Presets" The default seems to be on. hover over the group you are having problems with, right click, and then turn the switch to "Do not Hide Partially Compatible Presets" They should all turn up, but some will be a slightly different shade, but should work ok..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me, thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. I really wish they would just fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can t find this switch on photoshop 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank youuuu this worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!! Adobe's done it again!  Took something that everyone depends on and threw it out or hid it.  Where are the PRESETS in Photoshop RAW????  I drop my RAW files into PS, it opens up in PS RAW, and I select one of my 70+ presets.... there's not even a preset MENU now, let alone my presets! Ugh! Adobe strikes again!  This is a good example of why "subscription" based software "rental" is NOT a good thing.  You wake up one day, and everything's different and you can't go back!

UPDATE AND SOLUTION: After a very frustrating chat session -total waste of my time - with Adobe, and installing previous versions of PS, I went back to the chat line and got an agent who knew what he was doing.  First, DON'T upgrade to the latest version of PS.  Next, he sent me a link to a DMG (for MAC users) for a "Clean Up" tool and we "Cleaned Up" Camera Raw (uninstalled.) Next, he sent me a link to the previous version of Camera RAW and I installed it (PS must be closed, of course.)

Now CameraRAW version 12.2.1.417 and PS 21.1.3 are working fine.

Here's the link to the above, but you're on your own:

With PS closed, please use this cleaner tool and remove Camera raw only: https://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/CleanerTool/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Then install the previous version of CameraRaw:

Please click on this link to download version 12.2.1: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/12.x/CameraRaw_12_2_1.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the big issue to this problem.

Adobe started with an AI feature.

To see all the presets you imported ( or placed in the right bin) just ' open' your preset window in ACR> Then go to the three dots button that is a drop-down toggle menu, and select " Show partially compattible presets'' .

After clicking this button you should now be able to see all your filters ;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines