• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Spot Removal backward compatibility

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop CS5.1 with ACR 6.7 for many years now, but just upgraded to CC. The old version of ACR used Process Version 2, and I was expecting full compatibility with the new software.

While this has generally been the case, there seems to be a serious omission: spot removal instances in my files are not being seen in ACR 12.4. Considering I've edited thousands of DNG files, and many were shot at small aperture that required removing dozens of dust spots, this is a critical problem.

Am I missing something, or was a change made to the Spot Removal tool sometime in the mid-late 2010s that broke backward compatibility? If so, I'm willing to get my hands dirty with any specailized software that might be available, or even modify the XMP metadata appropriately if that's possible. What I can't tolerate is manually de-spotting all these images if I want to open them in the new software - I may be forced to go back to CS5.1 if that is the only option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contacting you directly via message. 

Thank you for the files. The issue has been identified and should be fixed with an upcoming Camera Raw release. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines