Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Transform Tool not working correctly

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've just run across a big problem with PS-CC 2019 ACR.  I took an image into ACR and was going to make some vertical and horizontal corrections to straighten up the photo.  I clicked on the Transform Tool icon and then started to move the Vertical Slider to make the adjustment.   The tool instead of keeping the proportions and correcting the distortion,  started stretching the photo, taking the photo completely out of proportion.  Instead of rotating the photo and keeping the proportions correct it stretched the photo completely out of shape ... really weird!  It makes the tool useless.

The ICONS on top of the Transform Tool Panel work as normal, but the vertical and horizontal tools (sliders) are a mess!!!  Completely different the PS-CC 2018.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I'm using an 27" iMac, macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra, 32 GB Ram memory, and 1TB hard drive with 560GB free.  Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB.  I have PS set to use GPU set at Normal.

Sure would like to know what's going on.  Like I said, PS-CC 2018 worked just fine.

Thanks,

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your question on this issue.  I do have an update for this problem.  Last night while I was working on a project, it dawned on me that maybe the Crop Tool may have an effect on this action.  So I clicked on the Crop Tool Icon in Camera Raw and found that I had the Constrain Image checked on.  I unchecked it, canceled what I was doing in Camera Raw, and restarted Photoshop.  Then I reopened the photo in Camera Raw and clicked on the Transform Tool.  It worked as normal!  I'm not sure if Constrain Image should be affecting the Transform Tool, but apparently it does.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, I would imagine the constrain would affect the transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines