• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Unusably Slow

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Surface Book II,16GB of RAM, Core i7 8650U processor, NVidia GTX 1060 w/ 6GB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro. Graphics acceleration is turned on. The Camera Raw cache is set to 5GB. GPU driver updates are applied as released. 

Whenever I try to open RAW file in ACR, it is unbearably, unusably slow. I can work on the same file in Lr and it's fine. Working on multi-gigabyte PSD/PSB files in Ps is fine, too. The ACR filter in Ps is fine, as would be expected. in ACR, moving any of the sliders is halting and completely unsmooth. Making a fine adjustment with the sliders is impossible. When I try to move a slider, there's a delay of 5-10 seconds before the slider actually moves and I can see the extent of the adjustment. I have to wait 30-40 seconds, sometimes longer for the adjustment to be reflected in the image. 

The laptop isn't a speed demon, it's no antique either. It's a decently spec'd machine. 

What could be causing this extreme slowness in ACR?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Camera Raw are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most current. It gets updated when Adobe releases a new version via CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts are, you may need a better/faster GPU. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

While the 1060 isn't the most current GPU available, it's no slouch either. And having just one file open in ACR shouldn't take up that much resource. There are no issues in Lr and I can work on multi-layered (>100), multi-GB size files in Ps without any problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an eight year old HP Pavilion desktop computer with 8 GB RAM, no graphics card, just onboard graphics. A few things in Camera Raw 12.4 are a little slow on my computer. The only suggestion I can make to you is to try disabling the GPU option and see if that makes any difference. Some users have complained that the latest Camera Raw is slow while others with up to date high performance computers report that it performs extremely well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim. GPU acceleration on, or off makes not one bit of difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10 pro fully up to date.
ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core Processor
Ram 64GB
U28E850 on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Same problem in ACR particularly the new colour gradient tool.

Had similar problem a year ago on a different pc and that turned out to be ransomeware protection in Acronis TrueImage. When turned off this resolved the problem.

No problem at all in the Develope module in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's useful information. Thank you. I am using TrueImage. I'll try turning off the ransomware protection and see what happens. Funny that Acronis views Adobe as ransomware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems TrueImage may have been the problem. I added the Adobe program folder to the monitoring exclusion list and ACR is working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines