Highlighted

ACR - where did 'Save New Camera RAW defaults' go? I used this all the time!

Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot motor sports. I do 90% of my PP in ACR. At an event, I will frequently move from location to location and this obviously changes the light and therefore the ACR settings change each time. I therefore use the 'Save New Camera RAW Defaults' each time I open the first image shot from a new location (or whenever the light changes). This saves me time when processing all the shots from each location as subsequent shots open up with the settings already applied and so I need only tweak things rather than start anew with every image.

Having applied the latest ACR update however, it seems the 'Save New Camera RAW Defaults' option has vanished. I am unable to save a set of default settings each time the light changes. So far, the only way I have found to recall the settings used last time is to pull down the relevant menu and choose 'Use Last Conversion' for every single image.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to save new defaults with the latest iteration of ACR? I simply can't believe this very useful feature has been removed!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ACR - where did 'Save New Camera RAW defaults' go? I used this all the time!

Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot motor sports. I do 90% of my PP in ACR. At an event, I will frequently move from location to location and this obviously changes the light and therefore the ACR settings change each time. I therefore use the 'Save New Camera RAW Defaults' each time I open the first image shot from a new location (or whenever the light changes). This saves me time when processing all the shots from each location as subsequent shots open up with the settings already applied and so I need only tweak things rather than start anew with every image.

Having applied the latest ACR update however, it seems the 'Save New Camera RAW Defaults' option has vanished. I am unable to save a set of default settings each time the light changes. So far, the only way I have found to recall the settings used last time is to pull down the relevant menu and choose 'Use Last Conversion' for every single image.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to save new defaults with the latest iteration of ACR? I simply can't believe this very useful feature has been removed!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly change settings while shooting then evaluate the Raw images as I work through my shots. Sometimes a Raw default works for an entire job sometimes I make adjustments throughout my color correcting process. So easy to just save new camera Raw default and move on. Do software companies just hire people who justify thier jobs by changing what is working instead of adding new features? This is going to slow my workflow way down.  Mission acomplished meddling douches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. They made a useful feature into an annoying pain in the rear. Why couldn't they have kept the old, convenient way of saving defaults, but integrated a new management system behind the scenes for folks who wanted something like that? Never mind losing all my existing defaults with no warning.  Really big screw up here Adobe. Never been so close to switching!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines