• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adboe DNG converter changes creation date

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When converting RW2 files to DNG the converter changes "date created" to to-days date - this is really unwanted. Date taken is unchanged but can't be used, e.g. for naming files.  Can this be fixed?  (  I can see that this was an issue in 2012 and it still is)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the solution could be to add an option in the "Select name for converted images" for "creation date" or "date taken".  Now there is only "date" as this seems to update the date metadata in the photo.  This would also make it possible to have a decent filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the date the DNG file is created is the creation date for the DNG file. I will give you the link to the forum where the developers consider suggestions. That is where you should make yours.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the DNG converter has more problems so in MY case the optimum solution might be to move from LR 5.7.1 to LR CC where I can import my RW2 files directly.  (a circumvention).  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines