• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush not working properly since updating to 11.4.1 and Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Mac OS Catalina and Camera Raw 11.4.1 the Adjustment Brush is not working as it should.  After selecting the Adjustment Brush and making some local changes, if I then select "New" for a new local adjustment and begin brushing on the image the "New" radial button automatically switches to "Add" and then new changes are automatically added to the previous local adjustment.  The only way around this is to select another tool i.e. "Gradient Filter" and then re-select the "Adjustment Brush".  I can then add a new local adjustment.  I've flagged this to Adobe via a support chat but still waiting for a response.

I'm using:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

However I have also performed the same upgrade (Catalina and Camera Raw 11.4.1) on my older Macbook Pro and the exact same issue is occurring.  I wish I'd only upgraded one thing at a time and then at least I'd know which of the upgrades has caused the issue.  My hunch is that the Catalina upgrade is the culprit but still an Adobe problem.  

Is there anyway to roll back the Camera Raw update to an earlier version to see if this solves the problem.

Many thanks.

Leigh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leigh,

We apologize for the issues you are facing with Camera Raw after updating to macOS catalina.

The issue you have described is known and is currently being investigated by the developers for a fix. For more known issues related to Photoshop and Camera raw with macOS Catalina, please refer the below mentioned link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#CameraRaw

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines