• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment brush: "Erase" turns to "Add", making it impossible to erase brush

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to erase some adjustments from an adjustment brush that I've applied. I click Erase as usual, but as soon as I click the image with the eraser to erase the area, the selection option becomes "Add" again, and start painting brush instead of erasing it.

Additionally, when I try to add/remove brush from a gradient adjustment, nothing happens when I click Brush.

I've just realized that this happening today, and wasn't an issue before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences in Camera Raw. See this video link on how to do that:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiyz_Lx9dPk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've successfully reset camera raw prefs (it said "welcome to camera raw" again etc. but the problem continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this? None of the adjustments to brushes/gradients are working in Camera Raw in latest version (even after resetting prefs). Only after playing in Camera Raw for 5 minutes, one can easily see:

1. Brushes to linear gradient adjustments not working.
  2. Brushes to radial gradient adjustments not working.
  3. It's impossible to toggle radial gradient adjustments' "inside/outside" option and it's stuck at "outside" only.

I think Adobe is being extremely irresponsible here for not even providing a feedback to their paying customers. It is literally destroying my photography flow, and it was working perfectly in the previous versions of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to use ACR, Adjustment Brush in Erasor mode and have the same problem. You can select erasor mode but when you start to use it, it switches to ADD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines