Highlighted

Adobe Camera Raw Keeps Crashing

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the release of Photoshop 2020, I cannot open a Nikon NEF file.  Every time I do, Adobe Camera Raw immediately crashes.  The fix is supposed to be to update your graphics driver, but my graphics driver is up to date.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Camera Raw Keeps Crashing

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the release of Photoshop 2020, I cannot open a Nikon NEF file.  Every time I do, Adobe Camera Raw immediately crashes.  The fix is supposed to be to update your graphics driver, but my graphics driver is up to date.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible your crash occurs because there is a problem with the permissons of files and folders in the folder Camera Raw uses to save some settings, presets and other information. Camera Raw needs to be able to read and write to its user data directory

On Windows the location is:

%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw

One shortcut to get to this folder on Windows is to...

1. Tap the Windows key
2. Enter "Run"
3. Enter "%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw"

For example:

C:\Users\tester\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\

On Mac the log location is:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

For example:

/Users/tester/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

One shortcut to get to this folder on Mac is to...

1. In the Finder open the Go menu.
2. Select Go to Folder...
3. Enter the path ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw
4. Click Go

Ensure that you have read and write access to this folder and all the files and subfolders inside it, then re-launch Photoshop and try to open your raw file again.

-David

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines