• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lens Profile Creator - Memory issue

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pretty powerful BOXX PC at work running windows 10. I have a new lens by Laowa that does not have a lens profile so I want to create a lens profile for use in Lightroom. I downloaded Adobe lens profile creator 1.0.4  and installed. I printed the sheet, took 9 images as directed. Then I uploaded the images as unedited DNG file via lightroom. Then ran the Generate profiles and I get "Detect corners failed because out of memory. Please select fewer images and restart". I have since tried it with even one image and it fails. I tried it with jpgs and that didn't work either. I have 32GB of RAM and  I have maxed out the Camera Calibration Cache to 50GB. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointing to see that nobody has addressed this question.  I was wanting to build profiles for the "antique" Leica M lenses that I tend to use on my A7R2. Same error, despite running on a very fast laptop with 32GB of available RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe your having memory issues because the Adobe lens profile creator 1.0.4 is a 32 bit

program and as such can only use around 3.2 gbs of ram (less than 4 gbs of ram).

Adobe says they are looking into a 64 bit version of the Lens Profile Creator.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-raw-lens-profile-creator-for-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but the 64-bit OS does not appear to be the problem. I copied the image files as well as the installer for Adobe lens profile creator 1.0.4 to a Windows 7-32 bit virtual machine (4GB total memory available), ran the ptogram, and got the exact same "detect corners failed because out of memory. Plese select fewer images or restart the application"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OTOH, (don't know why I didn't try this earlier) I was able to run the program against the sample images with no issues, so I'm guessing it's something about the images themselves, with the error message pointing in the wrong direction...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are your images in terms of pixel diemensions?

What camera are the images from?

On a 32 bit operating system i believe the lens profile creator can only use

up to about 1.6 gb of ram, so you actually get more ram to use on a 64 bit

operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's the "solution": the error message is MISLEADING.  The correct error message should be something more like "Detect corners failed.  This could be due to lack of contrast in the images or because the program ran out of memory".

Details: using Sony A7R2, with Leica Summicron-M 50mm f2, I saw that the program is unable to find the corners using DRG files extracted from RAW. OTOH, if I use a Picture Profile in the camera to enhance the contrast by one stop (this affects only the JPGs, not the RAWs), and build a lens profile from the JPGs, it builds a profile with no complaints at all.  Note that these are the same actual shots, just that in one case the contrast was enhanced in the camera before writing the JPG.

I was successful in doing this with one more lens (Tele-Elmarit-m 90mm f2), then got the error again with a third (Summicron 35 f2) so I'll try kicking the contrast up further and seeing if this fixes the issue.

Makes sense that a corner finder might be sensitive to contrast, but the error message is completely unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem is a bit different. Over years, I created a number of camera profiles. Now - when I want to create a new one, or to load the existing one, I don't see the images/thumbnails at the bottom of the program. All pictures are black. No such problems when I view the same pics in other apps on my laptop (with Windows 10 PRO, 16GM RAM etc). I found a crappy workaround: I open Windows Sandbox, copy the program and all the necessay files to it and create the profile (the images are displayed  correctly),  then I copy the newsly created files back to my main disk. But it's annoying and I have no idea what causes the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines