• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED is missing from lens profiles in Camera raw

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I access camera raw via a right click on the raw image in bridge. I've been using Adobe CC for just over a year now and I thought when I moved on to it that all my lenses were automatically selected when I click on the profile corrections. However, recently I've been disappointed with some processing results so I decided to see if there was a rogue setting in ACR.

Now today (or maybe this is the first time I've noticed it!)  a) ACR is not even selecting a manufacturer b) only a small subset of lenses appear in the next dropdown c) my lens isn't there anyway now. It's giving a warning triangle saying 'Unable to locate a matching lens profile automatically'

I've opened another image with a different lens and not only does the lens profile come up automatically, but when I examine the dropdowns, they're all there, including the one for the 300mm I'm talking about!

Looking on the supported lenses list for ACR it does say that this lens is supported, although one thing I should point out is that the gold lettering on the lens says 1:4E not f/4E. In the image metadata, the lens info says 300.0 mm f4.

Can anyone help, please? According to Adobe CC all my apps are up to date.

Thanks

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Just figured it out by comparing the metadata tags in an earlier image with one from the last shoot. I never shoot anything but raw and haven't for a good 10+ years. Somehow, this setting got changed on the D7100 on the last session of images I took. I didn't notice, and when I renamed then in Bridge, I made them .NEF files...

I must have pressed the Qual button instead of the ISO button when setting up the camera that morning. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious to know what you mean when you say you "made" them NEF files. How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

I batch rename them in tools. I used to default the extension then one time, it corrupted the whole folder and I traced that back to batch rename having dropped the file extension. As I always (or imagined!) I always shoot raw files, I specifically put .NEF on the end of my filename which is basically folder name_ 0001_ yyyymmdd.NEF.

Hope this clarifies how my jpegs became .NEF. Doh!

Pat

Sent from Samsung tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pc011510@hotmail.com  wrote

Hi Jim

Hope this clarifies how my jpegs became .NEF. Doh!

Pat

Sent from Samsung tablet

Actually, it doesn't clarify anything. You cannot make a JPEG or raw file by renaming it with a NEF extension. The image file is still a JPEG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines