• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arbitrary ICC-based color spaces disappeared from Workflow Options>Color Space>Space of ACR

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arbitrary ICC-based output color spaces have disappeared from the dropdown list of the “Space” field of the “Color Space” area of the “Workflow Options” window of my Adobe Camera Raw app. A few months ago, they were still appearing as available, as usual. A month or so ago, I noticed that they are no longer appearing; now only the six standard spaces appear (ProPhoto RGB, Adobe RGB, sRGB, etc.). I would like to use some of them for soft proofing. I notice that they are also not available via the “Save Options” window that opens when one clicks the “Save Image” button in the lower left corner of ACR. In that “Save Options” window, the “Color Space” and “Image Sizing” and “Output Sharpening” areas (and their fields) are all grayed out and unusable. The profiles that have gone missing from ACR are still available for soft proofing via Photoshop.

Here’s what I’m using:

DNG files

Adobe Camera Raw Version 11.2.0.135 (most recent version)

Adobe Bridge Version 9.0.2.219 (most recent version)

Adobe Creative Cloud for Photographers monthly subscription, current and uninterrupted for many months.

macOS Version 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

iMac Retina 5K 27-inch 2017

I've tried a few things. Closing and opening the app. Restarting the machine. Changing a bunch of other settings in ACR and in the preferences of ACR and of Bridge, just to see whether that makes any difference. FWIW, I have noticed no other strange behavior in ACR or Bridge or Photoshop or indeed on my iMac in the past few months, and I’ve been using all four of those things almost daily for the past few months.

Any advice on getting back the missing profiles would be greatly appreciated.

—Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an issue adobe is aware of.

Additional Color Space options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jeff, for letting me know this and for linking me to that thread. Now at least I have less reason to think I'm crazy; and a new good reason to stop obsessively trying to imagine solutions that I was failing to consider.

Kind regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines