Highlighted

Are you EVER going to put icons back for select all and syncronize in Photoshop Camera Raw interface

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Camera Raw was simple in pre-12 Camera Raw. You could update an image and then syncronize the rest of the images by clicking on an icon. With 12, that icon was hidden behind a single icon (more stupid clicks), but you could still get to it. Now with 12.3 and later that's also gone. Why ruin a decent flow. At least put a menu where you can get to the damn features rather than forcing folks to memorize keystrokes if they don't want to. 
If nothing else, stop forcing an update to the latest 12 when I've installed a pre-12.3 version. 😕 

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are you EVER going to put icons back for select all and syncronize in Photoshop Camera Raw interface

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Camera Raw was simple in pre-12 Camera Raw. You could update an image and then syncronize the rest of the images by clicking on an icon. With 12, that icon was hidden behind a single icon (more stupid clicks), but you could still get to it. Now with 12.3 and later that's also gone. Why ruin a decent flow. At least put a menu where you can get to the damn features rather than forcing folks to memorize keystrokes if they don't want to. 
If nothing else, stop forcing an update to the latest 12 when I've installed a pre-12.3 version. 😕 

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is forcing you to update anything

Do you know how to turn on and off auto update? That we users can help you with. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure turning auto update is granular enough to turn off just Camera Raw, without turning off Photoshop and Lightroom. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning OFF Auto update is the first task (because if it is on, it's going to auto update). 

Next, download the older version you wish to stick with forever (forever being until it can't run any longer) and store that installer. It may not be available in the future. 

Next. IF you update Photoshop, ACR will be updated as well as designed and expected. You will have to then reinstall the older version using that archived installer. And expect that some day, that old version of ACR will no longer operate in a newer version of Photoshop so you get to stick with that version of Photoshop 'forever' too. 

Updating LR will have no effect on updating ACR. However, edit in Photoshop or bouncing back from LR through ACR could and likely will be affected. 

These are your options if you insist on working with a legacy version of ACR. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've had a copy of 12.2 sitting in my downloads folder that I've fired up each time it's updated to a new version. 
I've thought about the mis-match between ACR and newer versions Photoshop. Photoshop has improved in more recent versions, at least from the view of my workflow, I want to keep that getting updated. 
I suppose at somepoint I'll have to bite the bullet and do an ACR update to a not as disirable version to keep up with PS, and eventually get used to the the new one (probably in time for the next major change 😉 )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable auto update in the creative cloud manager. Keep the previous version of Camera Raw that you have installed and "freeze" your progress as far as updates are concerned. No support for new cameras, no new features. But at least you won't have to learn anything new. Camera Raw is changing, but you don't have to. The choice is yours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. 

Right now, I'm set with cameras for a while, so no new cameras or features are fine. I worked for a major software company for many years, and they were always coming up with new features, some helpful, others not. I can deal with that, but when doing something you used to do in one click now takes 3, isn't productive. 

Just curious, is there a comparison of the current 12.4 and 12.2. Is there a new exposed feature that replaces the old way of being able to do a sync of changes across several images? Maybe I'm missing something. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/07/a-complete-guide-to-shortcuts-for-adobe-camera-raw-2.html

Syncing Edits Across Images

• To make changes to multiple images at once, select them in the filmstrip.
    • Command + A (Mac) | Control + A (Win) selects all images.
    • Command +Option + A (Mac) | Control + Alt + A (Win) selects all rated images.
    • Command + D (Mac) | Control + D (Win) deselects all but the “most selected” image (the one that you’re viewing in the image area)
    • With multiple images selected, Option -click (Mac) | Alt -click (Win) the thumbnail of a selected image to make it the active image while keeping all of the other images selected.
  • To quickly copy and paste edit settings from one image to the next, select the edited image in the filmstrip and use the shortcut Command + C (Mac) | Control + C (Win). Then, select the desired image and use the shortcut Command + V (Mac) | Control + V (Win) to paste the settings. For more control over which settings are copied, use the shortcut Command + Option + C (Mac) | Control + Alt + C (Win) to display the Copy Edit Settings dialog. Note: the Copy Edit settings can also be accessed from the context sensitive menus (Control -click (Mac) | right -click (Win) in the image area or on a thumbnail in the Filmstrip, and choose Copy Edit Settings/ Copy Selected Edit Settings).
  • With multiple images selected, Option + S (Mac) | Alt + S (Win) displays the Synchronize dialog (enabling you to choose what settings to synchronize). Add the Shift key to bypass the dialog.
  • With multiple images selected, moving a slider will set the same value for each image. However, some settings will be applied based on the image content including: Lens Correction (Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable Profile Corrections) Auto Upright Modes, Auto Tone, and Auto Black and White Mix. Note: to apply the same numeric settings across all selected images, apply the settings the first image, then choose Sync from the filmstrip’s drop-down menu and choose the items to be synchronized (White Balance, Exposure, Contrast, etc.).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Alt+S looks like what I should switch to. I often work without the keyboard, so the UI changes made it difficult. Time to get with the program 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And IF you get a new camera, when the DNG converter is updated, you simply convert to DNG and use the old ACR. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hah, yeah, I've consider upgrading my D750s to D850s, but I'm waiting til they switch to dual SD cards, rather than one and one compact flash. Not sure why they did that, seemed to be a step back. CF to SD adapters don't seem too reliable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines