Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Profiles not shown

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

since Camera Raw got updated on April this year, all the camera profiles that i had are not shown anymore. The just show up when the picture is taken with the correct camera. Let me explain a litte further. When i load the raw files from a Leica M240 Camera all my profiles appear in the list. When i load a Leica M10 raw file, they are all gone. That is really a big problem. Seems like you tried to make it easier for the consumer to just see the matching profiles. I need to use my existing profiles even if it is not the matching camera. Otherwise i need to find a way to convert all my existing profiles for each camera. I am working as a professional photographer and none of my presets are working correctly because the camera profiles is not beeing loaded.

Is there a solution? Am i doing something wrong? Is it possible with the next update to turn it back?

Yes, everything is correctly installed and in the right folder.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw will only match profiles that are specific to the model for which they were designed. I didn't do an exhaustive search. But as near as I can tell, the only profile available for the M10 is Adobe Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe standard profile is correct and also the embedded profile provided by Leica. What "profiles" are you missing? Did you have 3rd party profiles installed? Can you send us a screenshot of before and after, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what i figured out myself. It just shows matching profiles. So for my M10 it is the M10 and all the Adobe ones. But i do have a lot of 3rd party profiles. Since the Update i am not able to use them anymore with my M10. That is the Problem. Before the update i could use any of those and that worked very well. For example the M10 and the M240 are almost the same camera. So i would be nice to use the M240 profiles with my M10. But i can't cause they are not shown anymore. =/

Any ideas?

That is really a big problem. For the last six years i could use any of my custom profiles with any camera raw file. So even canon profiles with the leica. That worked very well and all my presets are a combination of a camera profile and the camera raw settings.

Is there anything i can do. Is it possible to convert the dcp files for each camera modell?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel​ as i ve seen you figured out some problems of camera raw already. Maybe you also have a solution for this one? 😃 Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VSCO is a collection of presets that emulate specific film looks. Some of these presets also use a custom camera profile to achieve the result.  Custom camera profiles are camera-model-specific so adding a new camera to your personal inventory maybe require updating the VSCO film pack from vsco.co to include new profiles for new camera they support.  I am not exactly sure how you update a film pack once you've already paid but I'm sure it's not too difficult.

If you have updated your film pack recently and images for a specific camera model are showing a missing profile, then something is still wrong and you can contact VSCO support to see if they can figure out what is wrong.  Make sure you mention you are using the LR CC update 7.3 or after, from April 2018, when how LR deals with profiles has changed.

Here is a list of all the cameras VSCO currently supports, and I see the M10 is on the list so you probably either need to update your Film pack(s) or contact support if you've already done that:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer! I know that, but i created lots of different presets with a mixture of camera profiles. That worked quite well until camera raw got updated. I used the canon for my leica and fixed everything. Updating all the settings would mean that i need to update all my presets. =/ Which means updating up to 100 custom presets.

But thank you very much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work if you apply the Leica preset with a Canon profile (that says Missing Profile) and then choose the Leica version of the profile, using the Profile browser?

If so then since the presets are in XMP files, you should be able to use a text editor or maybe a global-search-replace program (not sure what to recommend on the Mac, but TextPad would work on Windows) to change the canon profile name in the Leica presets to be the Leica version of the profile.

If the names are similar except for the camera model then it should be relatively easy.  Before you start, you might need to make copies of your presets into separate folders for each camera if you were sharing the same preset across cameras, before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

Under mixed light condition liked I creating my own light-source profile using X-Rite ColorChecker Passport.  The latest Camera Raw plug-in makes my workflow impossible showing only some restricted profiles.  My environment is like follows. 

ColorChecker Passport: 1.1.1

Camera Raw Plug-In: 9.1.1.461

Photoshop CS6: 13.0.1 x64

Lightroom: 6.14

I'd like to explain further.  I take a picture using Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7, raw file from which requires the minimum Camera Raw plug-in version 9.1.  DMC-G7 records a raw file like P1050218.RW2.  ColorChecker Passport understand only .dng files.  So I have to use Lightroom at first to convert .RW2 to .dng.  And giving P1050218.dng to ColorChecker Passport, I get P1050218.dcp under C:\Users\deogkyu\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles.

Before the latest update, when I open a raw file like P1050218.RW2 with Photoshop, the in-take window of Camera Raw opened.  In the right pane of the window, I could get into the Camera Calibration tag.  Then I chose Camera Profile with the pulldown menu by Name.  Now I can see only Adobe Standard and P1040978.  I could see all the profile within this pulldown menu those which are stored in C:\Users\deogkyu\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles.

The folder and files within are full-control permitted by me (deogkyu).  I have tried clean installation of Master Collection CS6 and accompanying updating twice all through.  In spite of that the "Camera Raw plug-in installer" explanation page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html which tells us "Camera Raw 9.1.1 is the most current version compatible with Bridge CS6 and Photoshop CS6," I have also tried other versions of Camera Raw like 10.3 and 10.5.  What I find relevant is that sometimes the pulldown menu shows profile Names like the followings.

Monochrome

Natural

Portrait

Scenery

Standard

Vivid

They might be derived from a folder C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Panasonic DMC-G7.  Camera Raw may know what I use from the .RW2 file.  ssprengel suggests that XMP files restrict profile correspondences for each camera.  What I found were files in, for example, C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\Adobe\Profiles\Adobe Raw.  I am not sure whether color calibrators in the world shall edit those files.

20180905NotShown10.jpg

I reported this issue to X-Rite Japan but the issue did not reproduce in the Japan office.  I also chat with Adobe support, so I expect that the issue will be engineered by Adobe.20180905CustomProfiles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw 9.1.1 screenshot shows what I'd expect, the built-in profiles for the G7 and the one custom profile you've described making for the G7.  What is different from your perspective?

I would guess those other DCP files are created from DNGs from a different camera so are not shown in the Camera Calibration list when a G7 raw is open.

I always name my DCP files (and the profile) with a prefix that is the camera model then the next part being the WB TEMP and TINT numbers, then the rest might be the raw file name it was created from, which is the only name you give yours so it's difficult to tell what camera each is from and for.

For example:  7D2_3100K+8_IMG_4376.dcp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-29 um 16.30.29.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-06-29 um 16.30.43.png

I can not show a before picture. But it was without the yellow triangle. I tried my 5d Mark III Raw Files. But the Profiles dont work. But they did before the update. And the profiles are made for the 5d Mark IIIBildschirmfoto 2018-06-29 um 16.34.39.png

i do have all the profiles installed in the CameraProfiles folder. Which worked for the last years until the update of March.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is that profiles are camera model-specific. Camera Raw will only display profiles that are specifically designed to be used with raw files taken with the camera model. I don't know why they would have worked with a different model before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what i figured out myself. It just shows matching profiles. So for my M10 it is the M10 and all the Adobe ones. But i do have a lot of 3rd party profiles. Since the Update i am not able to use them anymore with my M10. That is the Problem. Before the update i could use any of those and that worked very well. For example the M10 and the M240 are almost the same camera. So i would be nice to use the M240 profiles with my M10. But i can't cause they are not shown anymore. =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure whether it is relevant, but you might look at the last paragraph of the marked "correct answer" by ssprengel in https://forums.adobe.com/message/10475020 . It looks as if there is a bug in Camera RAW, but it has not (yet) been recognized.

Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear ssprengel, thank you for your replying!

What I expect is freshly generated "P1050218" as a Name of custom profile.

Because "P1040978" was already shown as a profile name in the pulldown menu, I made another experiment.  I copied P1040978.dcp and named P1040978dummy.dcp within the folder C:\Users\deogkyu\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles.  But the newly copied one was not shown in the pulldown menu as a Name.  It would be correct if "P1040978dummy" were shown.  The latest update of Camera Raw suppresses freedom of photographers like in DPRK or in former East Germany;)

Your file naming policy is fully right.  (An X-Rite support member tells the same in this tutorial→ https://youtu.be/_PzznV6rAEE )

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines