Highlighted

Camera Raw 12.3 -- I'm trying to go with it, but truth is, I find it really annoying

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to be one of those guys that start to resist change as they grow older - I am trying to go with the new interface and give it a chance, but truth is, I really don't like it.

My feeling is that Adobe overshot here and I suspect this is update is more directed at Lightroom users to make them more comfortable with Photoshop and less for Photoshop/CameraRaw users.

In general I find the interface cluttered and less tidy than before and but what really gets me is that I haven't been able to figure out how to do continuous zoom with the mouse wheel. It works in some edit modes but in others ALT+Wheel just controls the brush. Can anyone help with that?

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw 12.3 -- I'm trying to go with it, but truth is, I find it really annoying

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to be one of those guys that start to resist change as they grow older - I am trying to go with the new interface and give it a chance, but truth is, I really don't like it.

My feeling is that Adobe overshot here and I suspect this is update is more directed at Lightroom users to make them more comfortable with Photoshop and less for Photoshop/CameraRaw users.

In general I find the interface cluttered and less tidy than before and but what really gets me is that I haven't been able to figure out how to do continuous zoom with the mouse wheel. It works in some edit modes but in others ALT+Wheel just controls the brush. Can anyone help with that?

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you are not alone. Personally, I like the new interface. But apparently I'm in the extreme minority. The word is, in another thread, that a fix is in the works. So be patient. Don't know how long it will take or what the fix will be. But it's on the way. As far as your continuous zoom is concerned, I can't help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's scary what happened to Ui CameraRaw, it's not for I pay for Photoshop to force Lightroom on me !!!!!!!
Batch processing, in the previous update the copying of all settings has been improved a great advantage, in the end you can transfer all settings immediately with a preview to all photos.
And now what happened UI change, kills my processing speed normally I process in a few hours through CR 600-800 photos, now several stripes, searching for options vertically frighten, I do not want to work so much on one photo waste time.
Earlier, the UI with tabs was fast, convenient, and it wouldn't bother to introduce new functionality and updates that are great.
The same with cropping photos, it was introduced earlier, but everyone could return to classic, fast and efficient settings.
Now it is not even possible.
I think it's time to sift into new software, and I've been using photoshop since version 3.1 - how old it is, it's a shame, Adobe is forgetting about the professionalists who have been with it for years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not you and it's not because you're getting older. I absolutely HATE the 12.3 UI. Smashing all the controls into a scrolling tree with two layers of depth, instead of the older tabbed approach, was a decision that should get someone fired from their 'UX User Experience' job.

It's hardly my only complaint with Adobe. Since Creative Cloud everything that comes out of Adobe has been more bloat, more time, less performance, with no feature improvements that I would ever care about. I would install CS6 and never give Adobe another dime if new cameras didn't require new software upgrades for new RAW files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost forgot: there is a long standing bug in ACR...which was NOT in CS6...whereby ACR will burn your CPU, GPU, and battery while idle. Just looking at a photo deciding whether or not you like a change leaves your cores and fans pegged at 100%. I've complained about this multiple times to Adobe, and there are threads about it in this and other forums. I even sent Adobe a debugger dump from Apple's Activity Monitor which pretty clearly indicated a timer was firing continually when it should be firing on a delay.

Did Adobe finally fix painful bugs like this with 12.3? Nope. They wasted their time re-arranging the UI into something completely unusable. I might have tired to force myself to live with the new UI if this horrendous performance bug had been fixed because I hate it that much, it feels like Adobe is crypto mining on my Mac. But no go. No improvements, just more problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ACR will burn your CPU, GPU, and battery while idle"

Can't replicate on this end. Any chance you're running a Logitech keyboard?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines