• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 13 CROP and other features is unusable

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 13's new crop functionality is slow and ugly.  I'm running Windows 10 1909 with an i7-7700K with 32 GB RAM and a Geforce GTX 970.  I prefer the better method of cropping where the image isn't moved around and a black or gray (configurable) mask covers the cropped areas.  With the grid lines and the screen jumping around it's completely unusable.  Whoever developed this feature made a problem instead of solving other issues in usability.  Camera Raw was best in 2011 before all these flashy features started showing up.

Adobe must understand that people who actually use Bridge are looking for something that's not flashy since our workflow is in a professional space.  We're not griping here because we're hobbyists, it's because we're professionals looking for a professional interface that we can depend on to be consistent.

And I'm editing on a WUXGA resolution screen.  If I did this on my 4K monitors, it'd grind to a halt.

This is another reason why I use Capture One instead for a lot of RAW Editing because Camera Raw is literally unusable.  Quite literally, user acceptance testing wasn't properly done on this product.

Also, there's a limit to how many camera presets I can load into Camera Raw.  I work with raw files from multiple camera systems.  Fuji, Sony, Canon, Olympus, forcing me to delete and reinstall new presets because I'm working with new cameras is a serious hassle.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree, and I've taken even more radical route - I stayed on Camera Raw 11.0. Why? It's the last version to support OpenGL - way faster than DirectX, which is forced since 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire for Adobe, you should go here and comment:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html
Use the Photoshop feedback area for ACR.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines