• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 8.7.1 color issues

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent camera raw update to 8.7.1 I have noticed some pretty bad color shifts between camera raw and photoshop cs6. The colors in camera raw look very saturated and then when moving into photoshop the saturation shift is pretty dramatic. I never had these issues before the update. I have attached a screenshot illustrating the color issue. I am working on a very good monitor ( NEC PA 242W ) and it is color calibrated using NEC Spectraview calibration system. I have double checked my color setting in photoshop and camera raw to make sure I was viewing the same color space. I am just wondering if this is maybe a bug in the update and others are experiencing the same issues or if I am just missing something.

raw8.7update.JPG

I would also add that I am using the Creative Suite CS6 and not CC. If that makes a difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to understand that a defective monitor profile very often affects different applications differently.

The fact that it works in other applications means nothing.

If you can't get good profiles from the Dell software, you should keep trying different settings - or try other calibrators.

One more very important thing: once the profile is made, you can't change any settings in the display. That invalidates the profile and you need to make a new one. Also, when you've made a new profile, you need to relaunch Photoshop. It loads the monitor profile at startup and continues to use that until next relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always see the problem in another user. The seller are always right for you. Ok

For me Native profile gives this difference in shadows and in colors from ACR to Photoshop version 2 or 4

And my Nvidia Ge Force 540M have a problems in ACR with all latest driver from Nvidia.

I can run ACR and Photoshop without problems and bugs in my system only with Nvidia driver from december 2015 with AdobeRGB profile, ICC v.4 and with checked GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with camera RAW 9.1.1.

I have the following setup: Asus ROG laptop with Intel HD4600 (+ NVidia 8600M GT) graphics, i have an external Dell UP2716D monitor connected via DisplayPort.

The Intel video card seems to have dual LUT's since i am able to set different icc profiles for my screens.

I did a quick test:
1) Set my SECONDARY monitor profile as laptop screen profile
2) Open the image in ACR on the secondary screen - colors are now correct

This proves that that ACR is unable to detect the screen it running on and is using the incorrect video LUT.

Therefore, this is clearly a bug in Adobe SW and needs to be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but just because I'm in the mood for splitting hairs today, I'd like to point out that you're confusing monitor calibration (video LUT) with monitor profile.

The calibration is a global display adjustment that affects anything displayed on that screen. It's the same as fiddling with the color control settings in the video card - if you could do that with the required precision you'd get exactly the same result.

The monitor profile doesn't adjust anything, it's just a description of the display's response in its calibrated state (but much more accurate). It's a standard icc profile, used in a standard profile conversion from source to monitor. This is where the problem is - because if the profile is incorrect, or the wrong one, the application displays incorrectly.

Just so we keep the concepts straight.

But yes, the problem is real and reported several times before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. My machine has 2 display adapters. One intel on the motherboard and one NVidia.

After reading a lot of blogs and facing the same problem and trying many things last month, I disabled the intel graphic card from my windows device manager and the colors are now perfect in bridge, Ps CC and Camera raw.

Apparently Camera raw is selecting the default graphic card for profile.

Not sure what will happen on restart but for now sorted.

Using CC 2017

Camera raw 9.12.0.784

Alienware laptop with an EIZO monitor CG247

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using Photoshop with two separate (and different) video cards is well known to be problematic. Adobe explicitly warns against it, and the recommendation is to disable one of them.

And as I said above, this thread is a mix of several unrelated issues, all jumbled up into one confusing mess. Future readers of this thread should try to keep these sub-plots separate (if that's possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.. so once i restarted, same problem. back to square one.

disabled both graphic cards, then enabled the NVidia.. now ok..

this is getting irritating.. it's definitely an adobe problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines