Camera Raw 8.7.1 color issues

After the recent camera raw update to 8.7.1 I have noticed some pretty bad color shifts between camera raw and photoshop cs6. The colors in camera raw look very saturated and then when moving into photoshop the saturation shift is pretty dramatic. I never had these issues before the update. I have attached a screenshot illustrating the color issue. I am working on a very good monitor ( NEC PA 242W ) and it is color calibrated using NEC Spectraview calibration system. I have double checked my color setting in photoshop and camera raw to make sure I was viewing the same color space. I am just wondering if this is maybe a bug in the update and others are experiencing the same issues or if I am just missing something.

raw8.7update.JPG

I would also add that I am using the Creative Suite CS6 and not CC. If that makes a difference.

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Camera Raw 8.7.1 color issues

After the recent camera raw update to 8.7.1 I have noticed some pretty bad color shifts between camera raw and photoshop cs6. The colors in camera raw look very saturated and then when moving into photoshop the saturation shift is pretty dramatic. I never had these issues before the update. I have attached a screenshot illustrating the color issue. I am working on a very good monitor ( NEC PA 242W ) and it is color calibrated using NEC Spectraview calibration system. I have double checked my color setting in photoshop and camera raw to make sure I was viewing the same color space. I am just wondering if this is maybe a bug in the update and others are experiencing the same issues or if I am just missing something.

raw8.7update.JPG

I would also add that I am using the Creative Suite CS6 and not CC. If that makes a difference.

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
81 Replies

Re: Camera Raw 8.7.1 color issues

Adobe Community Professional, Dec 15, 2014

I'm not seeing a difference in CS6 with ACR 8.7.1 on Windows 8.1.2 with an sRGB-gamut monitor profiled with an i1Display, with ProPhotoRGB as the working space and the ACR-save-as color space:

The way I generated my side-by-side was to open an NEF in PS which opened ACR then clicked Open Image, then zoomed in to 25% and moved it over in PS, then opened the same NEF, again, this time leaving it in ACR.

A possibility is that the color-management in PS is messed up due to using the GPU instead of PS, itself.  A way to check this would be to turn of the GPU in Prefs / Performance, and restart PS, then try the same experiment.

We can't see your PS document title tab so maybe you're in Proof mode.  This would be obvious from the title-tab that's cropped off in your screenshot.

Another thing to show is your Color Settings, and specifically look for the Desaturate Monitor Colors by xx% setting to make sure it's off.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Your ACR screen shot is irrelevant because you have the Preview box in the ACR dialog box UNCHECKED.

Go check that box and try your comparison and screen shot again.

Right now, ACR is showing you the image BEFORE applying adjustments in ACR while Photoshop is showing you the converted adjusted image. 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

raw8.7update.JPG

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks ssprengel for the suggestions and running a side by side yourself. I went through all my settings and applied your suggestions and did a side by side each time. I even uninstalled the entire creative suite on my system then reinstalled and updated and I still get the same outcome. It was fine yesterday with the previous version of ACR. It seems like the updated version is not showing the image preview in any color space. When I switch the color space in the workflow options the histogram changes but it doesn't seem to affect the preview window. And yes the preview button was checked on it was just when I was using the screen grab tool in windows it took focus away from the application so that is why the settings appear grayed out. I have attached more screen grabs below illustrating all my settings. Also here is some system info if anyone out there has a similar setup and would be willing to test.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 20131024.r.34 2013/10/24:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

sidebyside.JPGsettings.JPG

acr_settings1.jpgacr_settings_hsl.jpg

acr_settings4.jpgacr_settings3.jpg

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Dec 16, 2014

You could try resetting your PS preferences by pressing and holding Ctrl-Shift-Alt as you start up PS and answer Yes to deleting the preferences file.  You might want to review your preferences in case you've set something on purpose that you need to set that way, again, after the reset.

And try resetting your NVidia control panel settings:

Also, my switching between "Other application control color settings" and "Use NVidia settings" does change the color-balance of my monitor so I think "Other application..." is the one that loads my monitor profile.  When I copy/paste a screenshot of the "Other application..." view of the NVidia control panel into PS and eyedropper on the neutral areas I do get all three RGB values the same.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I tried deleting the Photoshop preferences but it had no effect. I also verified my NVidia settings are set to "Other applications control color settings". But even if that were not set that way I would think that would be more of a global color shift across all applications and not just in Camera Raw. I guess I will have to just deal with the problem and see if maybe a future update fixes the issue.

I do have one more question though. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of Camera Raw?

I had no color issues with the prior version before this release.

And thank you for your suggestions and trying to troubleshoot my situation.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Sure, you can roll back to an earlier version of ACR.

If you know the exact path to the correct install location, you can do it manually by downloading the version you want, extracting the ACR plugin file and placing it on top of the newer plug-in to overwrite the latter.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

There's definitely something wrong with the newer plug-in in your system.  Now that you do have the Preview box checked, the difference is huge.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines