• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 9.12.1 Issue [Unable to open Raw files from Canon T2i]

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently deployed the CC suite to a computer lab in an education environment.  These are device licenses.  This was a deployment package that was created this week ie: not an old install package.  All went well and my students were able to start editing RAW photos.  We shoot on two different cameras, a Canon Rebel 2Ti and a Canon 70D.  Today I finished the install on my machine (brand new out of the box 2017 iMac) and when I tried to start editing a group of photos taken on both cameras I ran into problems.  The photos shot on the 70D open in the Photoshop CC 2017 Camera Raw window fine but the photos taken with the 2Ti do not.  I get the "Photoshop cannot open this file" dialogue box.  Checked the Camera Raw plugin info and it is running 9.12.1.790.  I tried running updates anyway but there was no change.  I also downloaded and installed the Camera Raw plugin separately with no change.  I can't figure out why this one machine would not open the older camera raw files while others will.  Any advice on how to proceed?  I would rather not use the DNG convertor as a long term solution.  Both cameras are supported in Raw so I shouldn't have to!  Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a sample of one of the T2i files which will not open on your machine?

We can then take a look at it on our computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John-

Thanks for your help.  I am attaching two files, one from the 70D (DOES OPEN) and one from the T2i (DOES NOT OPEN) . Any help would be much appreciated.  I verified this morning that another computer (same model/brand new) with the same install of Photoshop does open the T2i files so this seems to be isolated to one machine.

The link to view the image files:

RAW - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines