• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 9.12

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Camera Raw 9.12 with the Photoshop CC and Windows 10.  Now when I use the CR filter, the file opens and looks like someone spilled water on a colored pencil drawing.  How do I uninstall this update and revert to the previous edition?  Untitled-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

The newest version on that page is 9.10, dated 4/11/2017. (9.10.1 was actually the one prior to 9.12, but for some reason it's not listed. And there was no 9.11 version)

I have no experience with rolling back Camera Raw, and I don't know if an older version will overwrite a newer version.

And there is no option to uninstall with the Desktop app, it says Uninstall unavailable.

I guess there's a possibility that you'll have to uninstall/reinstall Photoshop, and then manually update Camera Raw to 9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardh88667413  wrote

Just upgraded to Camera Raw 9.12 ....  Now when I use the CR filter, the file opens and looks like someone spilled water on a colored pencil drawing.

Does the screenshot demonstrate what you mean? The posted screenshot looks OK here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the photo and look closer at the skin of the girl. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen posts with images looking similar to yours, and it has been fixed by disabling the GPU.

While in Camera Raw, press Ctrl+K to bring up Preferences, then uncheck Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, already tried that with no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to the previous version that I can download and install?  I am a working photographer and really don't have time to troubleshoot something that worked fine up until I installed this new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 9.12 is working fine for me on Windows 7, so if disabling the GPU didn't fix it (did you try to restart PS after disabling the GPU?), I suspect that something is wrong with your monitor profile. Windows 10 is known to install low quality monitor profiles when doing updates.

You can easily test if the monitor profile is the problem, by setting it to sRGB, or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor.

Close Photoshop, then press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box, and press Enter.

Add the sRGB (or Adobe RGB) profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

Make sure to check Use my settings for this device.

If this fixes the issue, you should calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information!  As a photographer, I calibrate my monitor with an X-Rite ColorMunki on a monthly basis.  This is not a problem with my PC, it was working fine earlier today, until I clicked the button to upgrade Camera Raw.  I really don't have time to be a beta tester for this software, I would really like a link to the previous version of Camera Raw so that I can get back to work.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should also be noted that the colors in both Light Room and Photoshop CC are both still spot on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the monitor profile is the cause of the problem, installing an older version of Camera Raw is not likely to fix it.

And changing the monitor profile only takes a minute, so I suggest that you try that first.

Another thing that comes to mind is to make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.

Anyway, I think this is the page you want Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I have checked my monitor profiles and they haven't changed since this morning.  It worked fine this morning, with the profile that I have now and it only stopped working when I updated CR.  If it worked this morning, with the older version of CR and the same monitor profile, I have a hard time understanding how reverting to that previous version would not work?  The link you just shared, the newest version of Camera Raw is from 2012 and I am sure there have been many updates since then.  I don't know the version number of the CR that I just upgraded from but it would have been the version immediately prior to the most recent version of 9.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest version on that page is 9.10, dated 4/11/2017. (9.10.1 was actually the one prior to 9.12, but for some reason it's not listed. And there was no 9.11 version)

I have no experience with rolling back Camera Raw, and I don't know if an older version will overwrite a newer version.

And there is no option to uninstall with the Desktop app, it says Uninstall unavailable.

I guess there's a possibility that you'll have to uninstall/reinstall Photoshop, and then manually update Camera Raw to 9.10

Downloads

Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter for Windows

By downloading software from the Adobe Web site you agree to the terms of our license agreement. Please read it before downloading.

To view more details about a file, click on its title. The files are sorted so that the newest files appear at the top of each version category.

UPDATES/PROGRAMS

Version 9.10
NameSizeDate
Adobe DNG Converter 9.10282.2MB4/11/2017
Version 9.9
Adobe DNG Converter 9.9275.1MB3/7/2017
Version 9.8
Adobe DNG Converter 9.8268.5MB12/8/2016
Version 9.7
Adobe DNG Converter 9.7257.8MB9/20/2016
Version 9.6.1
Adobe DNG Converter 9.6.1254.2MB7/19/2016
Version 9.6
Adobe DNG Converter 9.6254.2MB6/8/2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded version 9.10 and installed it.  It did overwrite the newest version and everything is back to working like it should.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines