• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 9.8 Problems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have some issue when I open a picture on camera raw.

I tried some differents raw files from different cameras and I get the same result.

This an example:

Untitled-1.JPG

Any idea about this issue?
Thx in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Try unchecking, "Use Graphic Processor."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking, "Use Graphic Processor."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you very much Chuck Uebele I fixed my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep seeing unchecking "use graphics processor" as a fix, when it's actually a work-around.  The real fix is to find the correct driver for your graphics card, so that the graphics processor operates correctly.  It will increase performance for some operations.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard. When you said the correct driver you mean that I need to test some graphic drivers or will be enough with the last update graphic driver?

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard Southworth wrote:

I keep seeing unchecking "use graphics processor" as a fix, when it's actually a work-around. The real fix is to find the correct driver for your graphics card, so that the graphics processor operates correctly. It will increase performance for some operations.

I've always understood from Adobe that the full answer is it depends on your hardware setup as well as your drivers.

The GPU feature in Lightroom is very hardware and driver dependent, partly due to its current partial implementation (Develop module only).

For some systems, it's faster e.g. 4K and 5K monitors (see Adobe's forum post below). For some, there's little change and for others it's noticeably slower due to hardware limitations.

So, for some systems, the best approach is to enable GPU support and ensure updated drivers are installed. For others, it's best to disable it regardless of drivers. It's a matter of trial and error: ensure the latest driver from the manufacturer is installed then enable/disable GPU in LR on your specific system and see how the various tools in the Develop module respond.

Adobe's lead GPU engineer for Lightroom wrote a forum post on the subject in 2015.

GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)

See also: https://petapixel.com/2015/05/08/why-your-lightroom-cc-may-actually-be-slower-with-the-new-gpu-accel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the Lightroom GPU support factors carry over to ACR/Photoshop?  Any similar references?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this non-Adobe article, yes.

http://www.diyphotography.net/adobes-gpu-acceleration-is-not-that-great-after-all-yet/

"This information also applies to Camera Raw 9.0 for Photoshop/Bridge CC."

I suspect the same code is in use when the GPU is enabled in both Camera Raw and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The references appear to be almost two years old.  It would be useful if somebody from Adobe with pertinent knowledge would comment, things may have changed with recent revisions.

I still encourage the OP to take a shot at updating video drivers, see if it makes a difference, and then report back.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most current Adobe information I'm aware of is this undated FAQ and troubleshooting article

Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting

Solution 2 (of 6) advises updating the video driver

Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting

The last resort is to disable the GPU - which you astutely pointed out earlier in this thread should not be the first step. I suspect it's recommended in these forums so frequently because it provides the quickest solution for non-technical novices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you very much for all help here. I will make some test with graphic drivers to see what happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines