• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 9.9 [Unable to open Raw files from the Olympus E-M1 Mark II in CS6]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded 9.9 on my Windows 10 for CS6 and have run the installation but now when I click on a Raw image stored from my Olympus E-M1 Mark II, I get a message "Photoshop cannot open this file".  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Camera Raw 9.9 is not compatible with Photoshop CS6. The latest version you can use is Camera Raw 9.1.1. If you need support for a newer camera model then you will have to use the latest DNG converter. It's a free download from Adobe, and you can create digital negative copies that include all of the original raw data. Those DNG files can be opened with Camera Raw 9.1.1. You have to check system requirements to make sure the latest DNG converter is compatible with your operating system.

Since you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does camera raw 9.9 SAY it is compatible with your 4+ year old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  Where would I find that out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 9.9 is not compatible with Photoshop CS6. The latest version you can use is Camera Raw 9.1.1. If you need support for a newer camera model then you will have to use the latest DNG converter. It's a free download from Adobe, and you can create digital negative copies that include all of the original raw data. Those DNG files can be opened with Camera Raw 9.1.1. You have to check system requirements to make sure the latest DNG converter is compatible with your operating system.

Since you are using Windows 10 there should be no problem using the latest DNG converter. Using the converter is the only way you can get the raw image data from that camera into Camera Raw with Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a couple of options:

1. Join the Cloud, get Photoshop CC, update to Camera Raw 9.9 and open Raw files from your camera into Photoshop, or
  2. If you stay with CS6 then you must use the DNG conversion route mentioned above since CS6 cannot use Camera Raw later than version 9.1.1 and you need 9.9 which is only compatible with Photoshop CC.

For converting to DNG, see

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I'm trying to update my Photoshop Elements 14 camera raw and I'm just having no luck at all.  I downloaded the newest version, 10.0, but it didn't work, so I downloaded  9.12.  No again.  So I sleuthed some more and came across the article on DNG so I downloaded DNGconverter 10.0 but I'm still getting the error 'camera raw cannot open the files from this camera.  My camera is Panasonic DC FZ80.  Just new, bought it yesterday, and now I can't see the files.  Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Your camera was first supported in Camera Raw 9.9 which is only supported in Elements 15 and Elements 2018.

Elements 14 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to version 9.5 so you'll never be able to open those Raw files with Elements 14. There are no more Camera Raw updates for Elements 14. 9.5 is the last one.

Are you using the DNG converter correctly? You must use it to convert folders of Raw files to DNG format - even if you're only converting one single Raw file. Point the converter to the correct folder then convert.

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Once converted, you open the converted DNG files in Elements 14. Not the original Raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines