• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Adjustment Brush Darkening Photos With All Settings On Zero

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted photoshop and my computer, but I'm still running into this problem. When I try to use the adjustment brush, even when all settings are on zero, it dramatically darkens the area that I want to work with. Does anyone have any idea how to "reset" the settings for the adjustment brush in camera raw? I have version 9.1.1, and I have not installed any updates recently. The darkening is still there but less when I turn the flow down to one. This problem came up about a week ago when I was processing some photos and hasn't gone away since.

Edit: it is also happening with the graduated filter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Command + Option + R on Mac (Control + Alt + R on Win) will reset the sliders for the Local Adjustment Tools in Adobe Camera Raw.

Resetting the Local Adjustment tools in Adobe Camera Raw « Julieanne Kost's Blog

You can reset the camera raw preferences by holding down the Shift-Command-Option keys, clicking File>Open Recent

and clicking on one of your raw files on the list and you should get a dialog as below.

Then click Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Photoshop menu Edit>Preferences>Camera RAW.   If the Performance checkbox Use GPU is check uncheck it.  Then try the filter again. Witht CC 2017 I have had problems using ACR adjustment brush even have seem crashes.  ACR has also unchecked it on its own.  Other version of PS with ACR  Preference use GPU  checked seem to work OK.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no preferences under edit for me. If I go to photoshop-> preferences->camera raw it pulls up a menu, but attached is what it looks like. There is no GPU or ACR box to check. I'm running photoshop CS6 version 13.0.6. Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 9.41.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed the fact that you are using ACR 9.1.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall your current Camera Raw Plugin then restart your Mac.

You can delete it from : Library (computer library) > Application Support > Adobe > Plug-ins > CS6 > File Formats > Camera Raw.plugin
Then reinstall it - you can download a new version of the same release (9.1.1) from Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

That would be the first step.

If that doesn't work we can look further.

Let me know !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Thanks! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in, but I'm still having the same issue with the adjustment brush. Have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command + Option + R on Mac (Control + Alt + R on Win) will reset the sliders for the Local Adjustment Tools in Adobe Camera Raw.

Resetting the Local Adjustment tools in Adobe Camera Raw « Julieanne Kost's Blog

You can reset the camera raw preferences by holding down the Shift-Command-Option keys, clicking File>Open Recent

and clicking on one of your raw files on the list and you should get a dialog as below.

Then click Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you R_Kelly, that worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.10 is the current version of Camera Raw. Why are you running such an old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is still using PS CS6.

It can only use up to V 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset PS preferences (Opt+Cmd+Shift and restart PS) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines