• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw bug with the new Nvidia drivers

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adoboe Photoshop - Camera Raw bug with the new 416.16 Nvidia drivers  - while editing, moving camera raw sliders, image is distorted. Without GPU acceleration Camera Raw works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian_Smolak,

Sorry that your images are getting distorted in Camera raw with the GPU enabled.

Which version of Camera raw are you using? Are you able to edit the image fine with an older GPU driver?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the newest versions of Camera Raw 10.5.0.1001 and GPU Nvidia driver 416.16, Windows 10 with October update. I will try previous GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is related to two last Nvidia drivers and to SLI. If SLI is disabled everything is ok. I've reported it to Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Sebastian_Smolak, hope we can get a resolution soon.

These articles might be helpful:

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is similar to the behavior I have started to see in ACR and Lightroom.  I thought it was due to the latest release of Camera Raw (11) and one of the relatively recent releases (perhaps within the past month) of Lightroom Mobile for Android, as I've started to see pixel corruption.  If I zoom in to the image, it looks almost like a series of color gradients (a CLUT perhaps?) in the top rows of my DNG files once I've applied processing settings to them via either.  If I clear any processing settings, the top rows still show up as mostly black in ACR...if I switch to software rendering, these rows show up black.  I updated both my Adobe Create Cloud applications and Nvidia drivers yesterday, which kinda compounded the issue.   Note: If I open the same DNG in an older version of Bridge (CS6), the preview shows the corruption  but not if I open it in the older ACR (9.1.1) dialog and magnify the affected region (and the top rows render correctly, not black)...which makes me suspect the DNG files themselves have not been permanently corrupted.

I also have a DNG that refuses to render properly after I change settings in the latest version of ACR (if I increase exposure to an appealing level, it automatically darkens after I hit ok or open the file in Photoshop...if I decrease exposure, it automatically brightens).  If I disable GPU acceleration, the settings stick on the image that opens in Photoshop, but not necessarily the preview in Bridge.

All DNGs in question were shot with my Samsung Galaxy S9's rear camera using the standard camera app in Pro mode.  I have not seen any such issues with CR2 files from my Canon 5D Mark II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar proble.

Recently bought a GTX 1060 to upgrade from GTX560TI to improve speed of some Photoshop operations using GPU acceleration. GTX 560TI worked fine but having problems with GTX 1060 and new drivers. In Abobe Camera Raw I see blocks and checkers when making adjustments, These clear if I pan or zoom but it is very distracting when processing images, Tried all level of GPU accel (basic, normal and advanced).

I've tried the following driver versions; 399.07 (the oldest I can see on the nvidea site, 417.34 (latest) and 411.70.

System info  from Photoshop:_

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.1 20181029.r.41 2018/010/29: 1197484  x64

Number of Launches: 748

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 7 SP1 6.1.7601.24308

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:13, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 6

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3209 MHz

Built-in memory: 32709 MB

Free memory: 19469 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 29953 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 65 %

Alias Layers: Disabled.

Modifier Palette: Disabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 1024K

Image cache levels: 6

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1440, right=2560

Display: 2

Display Bounds: top=0, left=2560, bottom=1200, right=4480

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this bug is still there. Disabling SLI is only solution at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian,

I had a response from Nvidia which fiXED  my problem:-

Open NVIDIA control panel (Right click on desktop and click NVIDIA control panel) > Go to Manage 3D settings under 3D settings > Select Program settings > Select the app/game from the dropdown menu > if it is not listed in the dropdown menu then click Add then select the respective .exe to the list > And now change these settings from Option 2.

•    Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance

•    Triple buffering - Off

•    Threaded optimisation  - ON

Apply these settings, refresh the Desktop several times, start the game play and check the performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure ? These settings are related to games not app like Photoshop. Camera Raw still has glitches while moving sliders using SLI mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my Camera Raw GPU Config file was crs:gpu_preferred_system="". When I set it to DirectX I didn't notice any changes but when it is set to OpenGL, CameraRaw issue is near gone - still some visible blocks while moving sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines