• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw crashes with last Windows 10 release (ver. 1903)

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With last Camera Raw version and last Windows 10 version (version 1903) I am unable to develop batches of more then 40-50 RAW files without crashes of Camera Raw and Bridge (I am saving as TIFF files).

Something better (batches of 80-90 RAW's developed without crashes) if I purge cache and wait ending of thumbnails and preview generation in Bridge before to open RAW's in ACR, but impossible to process more RAW's in a single batch.

I am almost sure the issue depends on last Verion of Windows because Camera Raw works perfectly on a smaller PC with the same Camera Raw version BUT with previous version of Window, I have developed batch of 940 RAW's without any problem.

Any idea how to fix this major issue?

Thanks Marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing cache size in Camera Raw preferences.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set cache of Camera Raw to 200GB that is the maximum allowed, but after about 200 Raw's saved it crashed the same.

On the PC with previous version of Windows 10 (ver 1803) the Camera Raw cache is set to 50GB and it never crashed developing severa hundreds of raw's.

The problem seems not to be connected to cache size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a quick test of about 75 raw images, saved them out from one film strip, no problems.   W10 1903 with 16gb.

I can't conveniently test for 200, so don't know what/if my limit would be.  However I have to assume this problem would have surfaced before now, has to be many systems out there running 1903 who have developed large number of raw files in one batch.

You've go two variables going at once, i.e. different systems and different windows versions, not really valid to conclude issue is tied to 1903.  Any messages in the windows log, either system or application?  You might try same operation with Camera Raw invoked from Photoshop instead of Bridge - select multiple images in file explorer and they will come into CR as filmstrip.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines