Highlighted

+ Camera Raw Feature Requests +

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

We're interested in what changes you would like see in our products. Do you have an idea for a feature that would help your workflow? Is there a small change that could be made to make your life a little easier? Let us know!  Share an Idea, Ask a Question or Report a Problem and get feedback from the Product Development Team and other passionate users on the Photoshop Family product Feedback Site on Photoshop.com.

In future it would helpful if you could use this thread as a means to add

"Features" that you would like to see in future releases of Adobe Camera Raw.

Please do NOT create additional new Topics and try not to duplicate requests by other users. Also, be thorough in your description of the feature and why you think Adobe should consider it.

Oh, and if you find it necessary to comment on someone's feature request/suggestion, try not to get into a shouting match. The penalty for doing so is...

b If you're asking that a particular camera is supported in a future release or just taking the opportunity to carp that yours isn't then please do so in another thread!

IanLyons

Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

+ Camera Raw Feature Requests +

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

We're interested in what changes you would like see in our products. Do you have an idea for a feature that would help your workflow? Is there a small change that could be made to make your life a little easier? Let us know!  Share an Idea, Ask a Question or Report a Problem and get feedback from the Product Development Team and other passionate users on the Photoshop Family product Feedback Site on Photoshop.com.

In future it would helpful if you could use this thread as a means to add

"Features" that you would like to see in future releases of Adobe Camera Raw.

Please do NOT create additional new Topics and try not to duplicate requests by other users. Also, be thorough in your description of the feature and why you think Adobe should consider it.

Oh, and if you find it necessary to comment on someone's feature request/suggestion, try not to get into a shouting match. The penalty for doing so is...

b If you're asking that a particular camera is supported in a future release or just taking the opportunity to carp that yours isn't then please do so in another thread!

IanLyons

Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to see an option to display the camera metadata within ACR (f-stop, shutter speed, timestamp, etc.). This information is visible within Bridge and within Photoshop (after raw import). But I sometimes open files without going through Bridge, when I would like to see the metadata during the raw phase adjustments.

Perhaps ACR already has a function for displaying this info, but I have not found it.

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julian: FYI, some of the metadata (ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, and focal length) is currently displayed in the ACR title bar.

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely pleased with ACR, and the subtle UI - I keep discovering hidden gems. I come from a nikon capture background and appreciate an app that always works, and works fast.

One feature (pioneered?) in NC is a more powerful curves tool, that features a dynamic histogram. There is one curve control for RGB and another for LCH. Each curve tool combines the capabilities of the photoshop curve and levels tools, and work on individual and combined channels. The Chroma and Hue channel tools are very effective for making subtle precise adjustments. I find this very useful. As mentioned by freelancer, a LAB curve would also be nice.

Perhaps this is already possible and I am unaware of how to do it, but while making edits, I would like to be able to save the current state, other than by saving all the settings to file, so I can return to that point if the adjustments do not work out. A multi-undo would also work.

I would like to be able to toggle between the current magnification and 100% with a single keystroke and a single mouse click, rather than the alt-ctl-0 or double mouse click, as I do this all the time.

Thomas - thanks for this awesome software - Rory.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Thomas. I'm embarassed to admit that I never noticed that info in the title bar. It would be nice, however, to have access to more of the metadata (white balance setting, time stamp, etc.) from within ACR.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to put my vote in for a shadow/highlights type feature in ACR.

With the RAW improvements in CS2 (specifically crop, rotate and curves), there are now a high percentage of my images that I can finish without going into PS. When that happens, that's a HUGE productivity improvements for my workflow. If I can finish most of the images in ACR and then just run image processor to make JPEGs from the RAWs, it saves soooo much time and storage.

But, I find that there are a tremendous number of outdoor direct sunlight images that benefit from a little shadow/highlights. Since I can't do that in ACR, I have to bring my images into PS to do it. It really slows down my workflow. Double the image files to deal with. Assigning new filenames to each one. Double the storage. It's doable, but soooo much less efficient than if I had that one function in ACR.

Before I get a ton of emails about how shadow/highlights isn't a normal image transformation feature like a curve or even an exposure adjustment. Heck, it isn't even available in an adjustment layer in PS yet. But, I expect that Adobe could solve that problem if they really wanted to. It's certainly doable - the technical problem is just figuring out how to make it fast enough to work like an adjustment layer without actually batch modifying the stored date and saving the result (like most filters do).

--John

Translate

Translate