This conversation has been locked.

+ Camera Raw Feature Requests +

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

We're interested in what changes you would like see in our products. Do you have an idea for a feature that would help your workflow? Is there a small change that could be made to make your life a little easier? Let us know!  Share an Idea, Ask a Question or Report a Problem and get feedback from the Product Development Team and other passionate users on the Photoshop Family product Feedback Site on Photoshop.com.

In future it would helpful if you could use this thread as a means to add

"Features" that you would like to see in future releases of Adobe Camera Raw.

Please do NOT create additional new Topics and try not to duplicate requests by other users. Also, be thorough in your description of the feature and why you think Adobe should consider it.

Oh, and if you find it necessary to comment on someone's feature request/suggestion, try not to get into a shouting match. The penalty for doing so is...

b If you're asking that a particular camera is supported in a future release or just taking the opportunity to carp that yours isn't then please do so in another thread!

IanLyons

Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Requests:

1) Key commands for "Cancel" , "Open" and "Save" in the Camera Raw window.

Currently you have to physically click on the Open or Cancel buttons (at least in the MacOS version). It would be MUCH more efficient to be able to use Command-. to cancel the ACR dialog, or Command-O (or shift/option command-o) to Open, etc..

2) Configuurability of the ACR window - i.e. the ability to MOVE the filmstrip (when viewing multiple files) to the right side of the window - which is closer to the ACR controls.

3) Key Commands to switch between the Adjust/Detail/Lens/Curves tabs in the controls

4) Be able to assign a Key Command to a Camera Raw settings file (from the settings pull down)

Thanks!

-steve

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven
>Currently you have to physically click on the Open or Cancel buttons (at least in the MacOS version). It would be MUCH more efficient to be able to use Command-. to cancel the ACR dialog, or Command-O (or shift/option command-o) to Open, etc.

Your setup is screwed up. Enter (for Done), Command S and Command O are working just fine on my Mac.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Since Command-. did not work for Cancel, I assumed that Open/Save did not work. My mistake.

However - I still really want a keyboard command for Cancel. (i.e. Command Period)

-steve

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However - I still really want a keyboard command for Cancel."

Try ESC

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Thanks for the "ESC" tip.

FWIW - I'm on MacOS and nearly every dialog box with a cancel button lets you use Command-. to cancel. I thought it was a standard thing (i.e. part of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines).

I'm still sticking by this request for Command-. to cancel. As well as the other request for more key command options.

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

You really need to explore the program and make use of the the fine manual and the help files. You'll get much more out of Photoshop that way.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramon,

I've actually been using Photoshop since version 1.0 and I get quite a lot out of the application every day. :)

FWIW - in the CS2 help files, the Camera Raw keys chart does not include the mention of ESC canceling the dialog. (Or Command-S to Save for that matter). The CS2 printed manual does not cover the various obscure Keyboard Commands for Camera Raw (like using Command right/left arrow to move between multiple open camera raw files in the camera raw filmstrip).

So... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Documentation is lacking in this area. :)

There is a downloadable Keyboard Shortcuts for Bridge/CameraRaw document I found on the Ian Lyons site http://www.computer-darkroom.com. This document also misses that ESC can be used to cancel the Camera Raw dialog.

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I thought it was a standard thing (i.e. part of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines).

Applies to Command S, Command O and ESC

That's what I meant by exploring the program.

Translate

Translate