This conversation has been locked.

+ Camera Raw Feature Requests +

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

We're interested in what changes you would like see in our products. Do you have an idea for a feature that would help your workflow? Is there a small change that could be made to make your life a little easier? Let us know!  Share an Idea, Ask a Question or Report a Problem and get feedback from the Product Development Team and other passionate users on the Photoshop Family product Feedback Site on Photoshop.com.

In future it would helpful if you could use this thread as a means to add

"Features" that you would like to see in future releases of Adobe Camera Raw.

Please do NOT create additional new Topics and try not to duplicate requests by other users. Also, be thorough in your description of the feature and why you think Adobe should consider it.

Oh, and if you find it necessary to comment on someone's feature request/suggestion, try not to get into a shouting match. The penalty for doing so is...

b If you're asking that a particular camera is supported in a future release or just taking the opportunity to carp that yours isn't then please do so in another thread!

IanLyons

Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susa Mac: Any reason you are not using the preset tab?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a way to save custom crops in ACR.

I have a client who needs event images cropped to 1056px x 594px to use in Intranet presentations displayed on large monitors in their hallways.

I use 10.56 x 5.94 in the custom crop in ACR to do this. But whenever I crop an image to another size (ones that might go in their newsletter) I lose the custom setting and have to re-enter again and again to 10.56 x 5.94.

I typically process a few hundred 'candidates' from their events (2-3 per month) and the image dimensions never change. It would be useful to have a way to add this custom crop value to the choices in the pull-down list?

Thanks

Russell

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this to be supported by more local universities. I know it's not a feature request, but it doesn't seem to be so wide spread.

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request: Please add a navigator window.

Problem: When the preview window is set to a large magnification, like 100 % or higher, then navigating across the image is awkward because the only way to move around in the image is the hand tool---there are no scroll bars as they would use up too much precious real estate on the screen. In particular when trying to find the optimal settings for the chromatic aberration correction, moving quickly from center to left border to right border and then back again at high magnification is important.

Proposed solution: Similar to the Histogram/Info/Navigator panel in Photoshop, there should be another tab behind Camera Raw's histogram display, containing a navigator control (i. e. thumbnail preview window with a red frame indicating the main preview window's visible part of the image). Sharing the real estate with the histogram window, the additional window would not compete with the other controls for screen area and still would be quickly accessible.

-- Olaf

Translate

Translate