Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw interface is too large for 15" laptop screen

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me solve this problem. The Camera Raw Interface is too large to fit on my Dell 15" screen. I have searched the forums, tried adjusting the display interface, and I am still not having any luck adjusting the size of the interface. This is what it looks like. Can anyone help me here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just confirmed on my Mac laptop that the Camera Raw window can be resized. When you do, scroll bars will appear giving you access to anything that falls outside the window.

Can you grab a corner and shrink the window? Can you even see a corner? Is there a portion of the title bar that you can grab to move the window to give you access to those corners?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and other than rezising my laptop settings everytime I want to use raw, which is a real nightmare. But it works ok on a PC. something adobe need to address. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael and thank you for your response.

Unfortunately on a PC the Camera Raw filter does not seem to be sizable and there is no scroll bar available. That was one of the first things I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

How are you opening your Raw images?

- Photoshop

- Bridge

- Other...

Can I assume that when you were playing with the display settings you tried the maximum pixels available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally start my workflow in Lightroom and then edit in Photoshop. There is no problem with the Lightroom Interface.

I don’t have a problem opening Raw Files in Photoshop.

I’m just doing a learning session on Lynda where the concentration is on the Camera Raw filter and I am just getting a bit frustrated with the interface. I can physically move the screen over, but then I lose everything on the left … I would really just like it to fit properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to confirm. You can move the Camera Raw window around. You have access to the full contents of the window but just not all at the same time. So even when you have access to the corners of the Window you can't shrink the window. Is this correct?

Can you zoom in/out on your laptop screen? Are you currently panning around a desktop that is bigger than your physical screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can zoom in and out of the image, but that doesn’t affect the interface.

Here is what happens when I physically move the screen to the left …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But can you move the window far enough in one direction to give you access to a corner with which to resize the window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, even though I can expose a corner, the interface is just not resizable …..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of ideas. Hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying … I really appreciate your efforts

Hopefully someone might have an answer …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using windows 10?

What version of photoshop and camera raw do you have?

Under Display Settings you probably need to change the Scale and Layout back to 100%, logoff/logon and see if camera raw is smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 64 bit Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and camera raw do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Display Settings (right click on desktop) you probably need to change the Scale and Layout back to 100%, logoff/logon and see if camera raw is smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does solve the problem, but then everything else is just way too small … I did see that someone was able to set the resolution to 145%, but all I have is 100%, 125% and 150%. 150% works well for all my programs and for Photoshop, but not for the Camera Raw filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since the last update. When I open a RAW photo straight into ACR or, open a jpg in Photoshop then open the camera raw filter. The image is fine, but the panels look like yours - way too small. I haven't sorted out why yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that should have read .... way too big!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a solution yet, but I have a few observations. I think it may be something do do with Windows 10, as I have no problem on my desktop computer running Windows 7. As a workaround on my laptop I have tried altering the 'Advanced Scaling Settings' to 145. This does correct the panel sizing issue, but it creates another problem. When viewing photos in the standard Microsoft image viewer, the zoom slider doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've run into the same problem. 145% is the one you want without losing functionality in everything else. The way to change this in Windows 10 is to go to Display, select Advanced Scale Settings and in Custom Scaling type in 145. After that sign out and everything should be good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to Reset the Workspace of Photoshop if you need too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here's the easiest way I found to do it. I have the same issue with my Asus 15" laptop. Go to your Desktop > Display Setting > change Scale and Layout from 150% (recommended) to 125%.

Hope this works for you to. It was veeeery annoying. Control O didn't even open the file after tweaked in Raw if I made any adjustments and I could't get to the Open button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines