Camera Raw is so SLOW

I just installed the new Camera Raw this morning, and I have to say it is very nearly unusable. I'm trying to make 14 raw files look a lot like each other. Switching from one to the other is almost impossible. Click on one file, look at it, click on the next file and it takes, I'm not kidding, at least 2-3 seconds for the file to appear in the working window. Is this a bug? How do I go back to what I was using yesterday?

Thanks!

Topics

Camera support, Performance, Problem or error
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Camera Raw is so SLOW

I just installed the new Camera Raw this morning, and I have to say it is very nearly unusable. I'm trying to make 14 raw files look a lot like each other. Switching from one to the other is almost impossible. Click on one file, look at it, click on the next file and it takes, I'm not kidding, at least 2-3 seconds for the file to appear in the working window. Is this a bug? How do I go back to what I was using yesterday?

Thanks!

Topics

Camera support, Performance, Problem or error
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
11 Replies

Re: Camera Raw is so SLOW

Hi there,

Sorry that Camera Raw is running slower than expected. 

Could you please take a look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html#Troubleshooting and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Disabling GPU acceleration in Camera Raw preferences help...

Disabling GPU acceleration in Camera Raw preferences helped alleviate some of the issue for me, until I restarted Photoshop and now the lag is back and nothing helps speed things up. 

I had the same problem that PSJock mentioned above--my computer is not out of date, either. 

I must say though it's awesome that the 3-5 minute hang upon closing the ACR window is now almost gone. 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hello, Akash,

I think I've done everything you suggested, and hothing has worked. I'm really unhappy with Camera Raw since it is the part of Photoshop that I use most. I hope you'll think of something else to try.

Thanks!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

In Camera Raw 12.0 the system requirements for GPU acceleration have changed. Specifically, OpenGL is no longer supported. Please review the new GPU system requirements here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/system-requirements.html#ConsiderationsforGraphicsProcessorGPUacc...

I belive it's likley this is why it's slower on your computer than before the update. If not, however, then it may be due to any number of other factors and I'd need more information to answer your question.

Thanks for your patience,

David

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Is there a way to go back to an older version of camera raw?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi,

I just installed the 11.4.1 version of Camera Raw, and the slowness of which I had been complaining has fairly much vanished. I'm a happy guy, and I really appreciate all the help this group has given to me. It's the very firt time I've ever had a problem with an Adobe product (knock, knock, knock on wood!), and this one unnerved me. I'm glad to be be back in my normal work flow.

Thank you so much!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I'm glad you're enjoying better performance with 11.4.1....

I'm glad you're enjoying better performance with 11.4.1. I'd like to verify that the cause of your slowdown with 12.0 is actually what I think it is and not some other problem. When you have time, please open the Camera Raw preferences dialog box in 11.4.1 and take a screenshot of the information on the Performance tab. If you do not want to put this information in the forum, please e-mail it to me: dfranzen at-sign adobe.com

Thanks for your help,

David

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi David,    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I ca...

Hi David, 

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I can show you what that dialogue looks like on my iMac system, which is experiencing the same issue. Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 15.41.10-performance 11.4.1.291.pngiMac i7 quad, (Retina 5k, 2017)

In v12, it also says that the system supports full acceleration. 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Re: Hi David,    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I ca...

Thanks for confirming that this is not due to using different options for GPU acceleration.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Some users on our feedback forum have reported that they have a product named  Acronis True image on their computres and that  turning off the "Acronis Active Protection service" resolve their slow downs.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-raw-lagging-issue-after-update-dng-pic...

If you also have that product, please try that workaround and let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

David

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines