Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw labels vanished....help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gang,

I had this problem on my older MacBook Pro (2013 Retina), but I just got a new 2016 MacBook Pro and I have the same exact issue.  Camera raw labels are disappearing.  This is SO frustrating.  I have very little other software installed on this new machine.  There is nothing like "Clean my Mac" or any other app that recovers disk space.

Please help...I can't be the only one. 

Rob

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.33.04 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried unchecking Use Graphics Processor in camera raw preferences

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I want to disable the graphics processor in a program that probably uses the graphics processor a lot?  Just curious?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You disable it to narrow down the problem you have reported you are seeing on screen. If it does not help - then re-enable and you may need to fully reset preferences or re-install.

If it does help then you need to look further into the video drivers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  Thanks Dave.  I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure I can alter video drivers.  How do I reset the preferences? 

Thanks!!!!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so strange that this has happen to me on two separate computers, and yet, I have yet to hear of any other Mac users experiencing this problem.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still GPU first.

If that has no impact - the easiest way to reset Camera Raw Preferences is from Bridge. Right click on an image then at the same time

left click on "Open with camera raw" and press Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Mac : Cmd+Shift+Opt). The timing is a bit critical - see attached video from our very own Benjamin Root (an ACP on this forum)

How To: Reset Camera Raw Preference File - YouTube

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, turned off the "Use Graphics Processor" box in camera raw, and no go.  The missing sliders are still missing.

I did figure out that if I open an image in camera raw, and notice the missing labels, if I go to another app (like the desktop) and then back to Photoshop, the labels appear.

Any other ideas while I reset everything?

Thanks so much for the help Dave!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That YouTube video was completely a waste of time.

I also have the same problem on my iMac 27".

Thanks, Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines