• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW not using flat profile as shot

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using photoshop for some time now to edit and correct photos that I shoot with my camera but only now I noticed that if I open them with Photoshop, it is opened first in the Camera RAW plugin but is not using the flat image profile that I use when shooting photos.

Instead Camera RAW uses a image profile that is similar to a photo without a flat profile.

Is this normal? Could it be because of the .ARW Raw file format from Sony?

I shoot with the Sony a68, I use the Neutral image profile with -3 on sharpness, saturation and contrast, D-range optimizer on 5 so I have lots of "information" to work with, and I use Photoshop CC 2017 and Camera RAW 9.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Since every camera manufacturer designs their own raw file format, Camera Raw is designed to ignore all those in-camera settings. It is that way by design. If you want those type of custom settings on your imported images then you need to set things the way you want on a newly loaded raw image and then set your own default settings in Camera Raw. After you do that, those new default settings will be applied to newly loaded the images into Camera Raw. If you haven't created custom settings, then

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since every camera manufacturer designs their own raw file format, Camera Raw is designed to ignore all those in-camera settings. It is that way by design. If you want those type of custom settings on your imported images then you need to set things the way you want on a newly loaded raw image and then set your own default settings in Camera Raw. After you do that, those new default settings will be applied to newly loaded the images into Camera Raw. If you haven't created custom settings, then you are seeing the default settings that were created by Adobe. I have had several different cameras, and have found it preferable to create my own default settings for each camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines