Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant open Camera Raw anymore. Here's what I already did:

-Deinstalled Photoshop and Bridge,
-Reinstalled Photoshop to 2020,
-Updated to the newest version of Camera Raw 12.2 
No success so far. 😞

Still, This error is showing up when I try to open a CR2 (Canon 5d Mark II) in Photoshop.
In Bridge there is no error but also there is no Camera Raw starting.

christianjung_0-1586210708208.png

Desperately need help, any kind is highly appreciated! Thanks

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw program error - Can't start Camera Raw

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant open Camera Raw anymore. Here's what I already did:

-Deinstalled Photoshop and Bridge,
-Reinstalled Photoshop to 2020,
-Updated to the newest version of Camera Raw 12.2 
No success so far. 😞

Still, This error is showing up when I try to open a CR2 (Canon 5d Mark II) in Photoshop.
In Bridge there is no error but also there is no Camera Raw starting.

christianjung_0-1586210708208.png

Desperately need help, any kind is highly appreciated! Thanks

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the error you are getting and the delay in response. Would you mind sharing the operating system of the computer you are using?

We have recently released an update for Photoshop. Please update all the apps to the latest version and check if that helps. Also, are you getting the error with a specific set of CR2 files or all files regardless of the format?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned in the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am getting what seems to be the same error "Could not open 'file.CR2' because of a program error" when trying to load a raw file, this is on all raw files from an old Canon 400D and a new Canon 7D mk II. 

If I go to Filter->Camera Raw Filter in the menu I get the message "Could not complete the Camera Raw Filter command because of a program error". 

I am running the latest photoshop "21.1.2" and Camera Raw "12.2.1.417" and Bridge "10.0.4.157"

I have uninstalled all of them and reinstalled them, and also run the standalone Camera Raw Installer.

Photoshop files seem to load and edit without any problem.

The programs are on a new windows 10 PC.

Was there an outcome to what this problem was, and how to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines