Highlighted

Camera Raw revert to earlier version

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you get a previous version of  Camera RAW? I am having problems with the latest version of photoshop and need to go back to the previous version but when I uninstall the current version and install the previous version it brings in the latest version of camera raw and that one doesn't work. The previous one worked just fine.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw revert to earlier version

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you get a previous version of  Camera RAW? I am having problems with the latest version of photoshop and need to go back to the previous version but when I uninstall the current version and install the previous version it brings in the latest version of camera raw and that one doesn't work. The previous one worked just fine.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download a previous version from this link. Just installing the old version should overwrite the new version. If you install an update to PS, it will overwrite the old version though.

What issues are you having with Camera Raw?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version is simply dumbed down awful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to go back and install the older version of Photoshop, Bridge, and ACR so I could continue editing photos.  Adobe WAS always the gold standard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the older version as well because Camera raw would freeze up, I couldn't use the up and down arrow keys sometimes. Overall cumbersome. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite simple. Use the following link, but replace 11_4_1_win with the desired version, for example 11_3_win:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/11.x/CameraRaw_11_4_1_win.zip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines