Highlighted

Camera Raw Straightening Issues

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new Photoshop came out, at times, the Camera Raw straightening functions seem to go "wonky" for a lack of a better term.....

I have a 11-24 Canon lense that is ultra-wide for shooting interiors, when I am finished, I always use the Camera Raw filters to straighten my images.  It is just acting strange.  Doesn't perform as well as it has in the past.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw Straightening Issues

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new Photoshop came out, at times, the Camera Raw straightening functions seem to go "wonky" for a lack of a better term.....

I have a 11-24 Canon lense that is ultra-wide for shooting interiors, when I am finished, I always use the Camera Raw filters to straighten my images.  It is just acting strange.  Doesn't perform as well as it has in the past.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is too vague to replicate.

Can you describe , or better show screenshots, what you mena by "wonky" and "acting strange"

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hit the "A" key to straighten my image with this step, sometimes Photoshop throws the photo into a "side-spin" for a lack of a better term.

This is during the transformation part of the process of straightening my interior shots of a jet.....

I wish I had a screen shot to show you, how it gets "wonky" at times, but I don't have one to share, right now......next time I get into this situation, I'll be happy to share the screen shots.

It isn't "straightening them", for a lack of a better term.  Some become distorted and crooked and/or not level.

Sorry I can't share a screen shot, right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had it happen!!

Yeah !!

So now I have screen shots for you. 

Well I lied.....I can't figure out how to upload the two screen shots.

UGH !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the image icon at the top of the posting box (you have to be online not on email)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot do that.....I'm not on email....I'm on the site right now, I click the photo icon, up above, the third from the far right.....then I cannot attach the files.

UGH !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot AScreen Shot AScreen Shot BScreen Shot BI was only able to post these, after going to a Safari browser and not Google Chrome....Google Chrome would NOT allow me to post the photos.

How odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it is all the curves in that image that the auto algorithm is struggling with. I've just tried it with a few more normal building images here and it is working normally. You may need to use the sliders and adjust manually.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck,

It is a function of the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop that I am writing this about......so I don't know if I was posting in the wrong forum or not.....

Davescm,

I've had this problem a few times in the past, with certain images, but to me, not to the extent that I am now experiencing this problem with the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop.  Just wonder if something has changed in the algorithim?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it is the camera Raw though PS, it's still Camera Raw, and the Camera Raw engineers are more likely to monitor this forum than the PS one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines