Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW Support for Canon 7D Mark II

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just purchased the Canon 7D Mark II, connected it to my PC, but then found that Adobe Camera RAW doesn't support it yet. Any updates when this camera might be possibly supported? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

It has been indicated on this forum that the camera will be supported in the Camera Raw 8.7 final release. It is NOT supported in the release candidate that is available right now. No release dates, but presumably before the end of the year. Take note that Camera Raw 8.7 is only compatible with Photoshop CS6 (new camera support only) and Photoshop CC (complete support including new features).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the work for the DBGC 8.7 RC on Adobe Labs was finalized before the 7D Mark II came out, so we’re all waiting for the final version of ACR 8.7 to include support, for this and a few other very new cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the prompt reply.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Canon 7d Mark II has been added to ACR 8.7 final release and Lightroom 5.7 tonight!! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see you, Adriana. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with this new release. I'm getting error messages that ACR 8.7 & DNG Converter won't install. Lightroom 5 did install just fine. CS6 install however didn't work. So here's my problem. I've been using CleanMyMac 2 and Apple's Yosemite. I'm told that CleanMyMac2 may delete Adobe management files making updates have these error problems.

Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.6

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I contacted MacPaw Customer Support and they sent me a MacPaw Support Tool that grabs all system activity and creates several logs.

Should I actually use this tool to gather that information and send it to them. Seems scary giving them these files. Can anyone give me advice?

I really need CS6 update so I can shoot RAW files with my new 7D Mark II. Maybe I need to just reinstall CS6 and hope I can restore my presets and plugins.

Thanks- ROGER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps on this link and use the installer for the MAC. Let me know if it helps you.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whew!

Thank you . . . ACR Installed and happy that my Canon 7D Mark II is compatible.

I appreciate your help - - User error is 99.9% of the problem and I fit into that category. I'm glad for people like you that help people like me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally you should not be using Cleanmymac as it does make changes to files which can impact working of Adobe Photoshop. It probably thinks those files are not being used, If still you use it then make sure it does not touches your Adobe Photoshop folder installed in /Applications.

You need not uninstall, Reinstaling would also work.This is required to repair the crticial files which have been modfied or deleted, For patching these files are critical and it fails if these file are in anyway modified by external tools.This can happen if you have disk cleanup tools like MacKeeper or Cleanmymac.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv got my self a Canon 7D MkII and wondering if Canon RAW will support Photoshop Elements 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 7D2 came out after PSE13 was the current version of Elements so you’d need that. Adobe stops updating older programs when a newer version comes out, and Elements is new each summer/fall timeframe.

The DNG Converter 8.7 or newer can be used to convert a folder of CR2 files to DNGs that the older ACR plug-in can open in PSE10; however, both PSE13 and DNGC 8.7 have a minimum OS version of OSX 10.7 and Windows 7, so if you’re still running an older OS you may be stuck until you upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open my raw files in photoshop elements but cannot view them having imported them into my mac.  I want to be able to see them in preview but they will not come up so this is a real time waster - what's going on!  The camera is great but processing and being able to sort files is a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant believe Adobe dragging they're feet on the release of RAW support for 7D Mk2 i have converted files using the DNG converter and the chromatic aberration is horrendous the pictures also have a comic style appearance that ruins back ground blur

Please Adobe can we have the new CR2 files from the 7D2 available to view asap as it causing wasted time and headaches im only an armature god knows how the pro's are coping if i was a pro id be speaking to a lawyer by now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? If the DNG Converter supports the 7D Mark II then ACR & LR would as well.

The 7D Mark II raws were supported in ACR 8.7 & LR 5.7 back in Nov 2014, and tethering was supported in LR 6.0 back in April 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi all

Stupid question I know, I have read so much on this forum, that I am going mad. Need your help please .

I am going to buy a canon 7d mark 2, and I know I need the camera raw plug in 8.7. Currently using Cs6 on 8.1. can I update straight to version 9 or need the 8.7, and please send me the link for a Mac.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can update to the newest ACR for CS6 which is currently ACR 9.1.1.

You should try the update, now, to see if you can do it. If not then your computer may not be compatible with the minimum OS requirements which are newer starting with ACR 8.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines