• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to change film strip orientation to vertical to recover what you were used to…

2020-06-26_15-59-55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download version 12.2.1 from here, just run the installer

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after countless hours of fumbling with 12.3, and attempting to revert with the illusion of success, only to find lost thumbnails after reboot,  I've finally gotten my workflow back by dropping ACR back to 12.2.1 and also reverting Bridge back one iteration to 10.0.4.157 ... After system reboot all is well! Please Adobe: listen to your power users, acknowledge the monumental fail of 12.3, and fix it!! I will be monitoring these forums for an acceptable fix before ever allowing another version upgrade to Bridge or ACR. After well over a decade of use it would sadden me to have to abandon Adobe but I'll not be forced into such a backwards move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct John there is no option to revert back to the old UI, only assumptions that is the case. The screen capture you showed simply shows how to alter the position of filmstrip.

The old UI is gone, revert to an older version or learn to use the new one. 
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert back: After much trial and error this worked on my Windows 10 machine... With Adobe products closed, revert to previous Camera Raw version (12.2.1) here. Also revert to prior version of Bridge (10.0.4.157) by starting the Adobe Creative Cloud installer, clicking the Adobe Bridge menu (...) selecting "other versions," and installing version 10.0.4.157. Wait to ensure both installs are complete and all is well, the nightmare is over! (Restart the computer and open Bridge to ensure RAW file thumbnails appear.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I hope they will give us good old design some day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Camera Raw 12.3 is terrible. Tried to live it it and had to admit: damned poor design, very counter-intuitive. Gotta get back to the earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pointless if you have a newer model camera...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about in light of the many people unhappy witht he pathetic new ACR you send FEEDBACK to your 'engineers'????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What then is the whole point of these forums if the owners of the company and the highly paid 'professionals' who develop these programmes aren't listening to user feedback???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't be more truer! 

[racism removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did Adobe change the ACR user interface to the cluttered and inefficient Lightroom Develop Module style?

More clicks and moving around the screen with this "improved" user interface.  I can see how Lightroom users would like this, but those of use that use Bridge / ACR tend to find it clunky and less efficient that the old interface. 

It would be nice to have an option for the old style user interface. Far more white space, larger font and larger controls made sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put back the old UI and throw away the latest one as it's the perfect example of what not to do in UX/UI. 
Before you even definitively erase the code and assets of this UI, make some souvenir screenshots to use them for a course about failed UX/UIs.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have to be really really new camera
12.2.1 should work with 99.9 % of the cameras out there

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reverted. Version 12 was a total disaster for all the reasons everyone here has mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree. I tried to use it for a while, but it drove me crazy with how badly everything was laid out and how clunky it felt. They even swapped the position of the Open and Done buttons so I was constantly hitting Done by mistake just out of habit, very frustrating. I  just reverted to the previous version, which is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

branislavmilic let's hope Adobe restores the better GUI. I think many users are like myself they purchased the yearly subscription to the Photography bundle for $119 only for the use of Photoshop and ACR through Bridge instead of the standalone Photoshop yearly subscription of $239.

This is so tragic of a direction Adobe is taking I may just give up photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pleased to see that I can get ACR 12.2 back and that the same user interface is also shown when calling up the Camera Raw Filter.  

My main concern is that this will only be a temporary solution as once I upgrade my camera, only the newer version of ACR will support the newer camera body.  Hopefully there will be a better, long term fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 was a total disaster for all the reasons everyone here has mentioned

Expect for those who love the new GUI (and yes, super easy to cherry pick those too). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so tragic of a direction Adobe is taking I may just give up photography.
Seriously? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you'll simply have to download an updated DNG converter and use the old version.
But better would be for all the camera manufacturers to STOP making proprietary raw files with ever new camera release. Not necessary and only causes customers and people coding raw converters (ALL companies not just Adobe) to have to update their software to understand tiny changes from the last camera released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manfred Mueller you can always either shot DNG files straight from the camera if you can or convert any brand RAW file to DNG for continued use of the better GUI ACR. Older versions of ACR will see DNG files.

What is sad is how the icon bar has room for more icons at least three. I always wondered what new features and functionality those future icons might bring. Instead it was replaced with an exponential amount of added mouse click scroll mouse click user actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad but true. Fortunately I can live without photography as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred Baxter:  That would be like forsaking eating because you didn't like the farmer down the road...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with all the many options out there, you'd rather give up photography because a company chose a UI that is not to your liking? I guess Adobe made you got into photography in the first place. If that's the case, farewell. If you do love photography, then many options exist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate