Highlighted

Camera Raw versions availability and subscription

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Newbie.  Clarification sought please.

I have an Adobe Subscription to Photoshop CC 2018 + Lightroom paid monthly for near on 18mths and not used.  I wont go into why but there were reasons.  
Also have a purchased copy of Photoshop CS6 and use Lightroom classic.  However, CS6 does not support my camera (Canon 5DMKIV) and I have to convert raw files from cr2 to Dng to use with CS6.  Frustrating, however adobe probably do not want us to continue on with our purchased Cs6 programs and move into online.
That said, if I have a Subscription to use both Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 and Adobe Lightroom CC
1. why cant I find Camera Raw with the PS CC 2018
2. which Bridge do I use with PS CC 2018 as it appears not in my list and cannot locate.  I have a Bridge for CS6. Also a Bridge opens up from an icon on toolbar of my mac that states 'Creative Suite' and it states Adobe Bridge 2020. When I open this it says 'camera raw editing is not available. Camera Raw editing requires sthat a qualifying product has been licensed'. 
Does this mean that my Subscription to Adobe for Photoshop CC 2018 and Lightroom CC do not upgrade to new versions automatically?  That I have to pay to go to the new version?  ie 2020?

I am totally confused.  I will attach a copy of what Adobe programs I do have on my iMac 2017.  
CS6 + Lightroom classic (used for a number of years)
CC 2018 + Lightroom CC (not used despite a monthly subscription for near on 18+ mths)
2020 Photoshop (that states 'start your 7 day free trial with Adobe)
2020 Bridge (that says some other rubbish)

I need to used my Subscription with a version of Camera Raw, also Bridge.  Plus that is compatible with my camera 5DMKIV and opens the cr2 or, automatically converts them to DNG.

Please, please help me. Thanking you in advance.

My apologies.  Camera Raw in CC 2018 now opens.  Disregard the 'camera raw'  part of my question.  Thank you.

TOPICS
DNG, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw versions availability and subscription

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Newbie.  Clarification sought please.

I have an Adobe Subscription to Photoshop CC 2018 + Lightroom paid monthly for near on 18mths and not used.  I wont go into why but there were reasons.  
Also have a purchased copy of Photoshop CS6 and use Lightroom classic.  However, CS6 does not support my camera (Canon 5DMKIV) and I have to convert raw files from cr2 to Dng to use with CS6.  Frustrating, however adobe probably do not want us to continue on with our purchased Cs6 programs and move into online.
That said, if I have a Subscription to use both Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 and Adobe Lightroom CC
1. why cant I find Camera Raw with the PS CC 2018
2. which Bridge do I use with PS CC 2018 as it appears not in my list and cannot locate.  I have a Bridge for CS6. Also a Bridge opens up from an icon on toolbar of my mac that states 'Creative Suite' and it states Adobe Bridge 2020. When I open this it says 'camera raw editing is not available. Camera Raw editing requires sthat a qualifying product has been licensed'. 
Does this mean that my Subscription to Adobe for Photoshop CC 2018 and Lightroom CC do not upgrade to new versions automatically?  That I have to pay to go to the new version?  ie 2020?

I am totally confused.  I will attach a copy of what Adobe programs I do have on my iMac 2017.  
CS6 + Lightroom classic (used for a number of years)
CC 2018 + Lightroom CC (not used despite a monthly subscription for near on 18+ mths)
2020 Photoshop (that states 'start your 7 day free trial with Adobe)
2020 Bridge (that says some other rubbish)

I need to used my Subscription with a version of Camera Raw, also Bridge.  Plus that is compatible with my camera 5DMKIV and opens the cr2 or, automatically converts them to DNG.

Please, please help me. Thanking you in advance.

My apologies.  Camera Raw in CC 2018 now opens.  Disregard the 'camera raw'  part of my question.  Thank you.

TOPICS
DNG, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0