• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW with Lightroom 6.4 (stuck at 9.4) Can't see my RAW images

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6.4 as my rural internet just doesn't work with a SAS editing solution.

This used to be fine, and then I needed to re-install the software. Now I am back to Camera Raw 9.4 which won't let me see Sony A6300 RAW photos. 

I followed the instructions and downloaded and installed Camera RAW 12.3. Seemed to install just fine. 

When I reboot and reopen Lightroom, I am still at Camera RAW 9.4. 

Desperatly needing to process images for a customer job. I'm out of ideas and looking for a fix or recommendation for another local app that can do some basic RAW editing. 

Thanks

Mike in Bulrington, ON.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR and ACR need to be on version parity to bounce back and forth. That's one thing. 

You might consider sticking with LR 6 and/or Camera Raw 9.4  and converting the Sony raws to DNG first using the DNG converter. 

Or you might search for the older ACR and make sure it's deleted but again, a big issue is having an old version of LR with newer ACR or vise versa. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The installer for Camera Raw (ACR) is a plugin for Photoshop, and doesn't affect Lightroom, which has ACR built in.

So the only way to update ACR inside LR is by updating LR itself.

Adobe has made it very difficult to find updates to older programs, but the links below provided by ProDesignTools  should enable you to update to version 6.14, which is the final version of LR 6.

According to this page,  your camera requires at least LR 6.5.

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Updates

If you’d also like the direct download links for the individual Lightroom 6 / CC 2015 product updates (i.e., all of the included changes since the initial version above), Adobe has issued these as patches to the base release. We have complete sets available here, including Lightroom 6.14 / CC 2015.14:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines