• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAMERA RAW

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the tab to set specific camera default for raw conversion is gone in this newest version of camera raw, how do you set it for each camera body

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version? (Not “latest” please?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop 21.0.3, camera raw 12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acr.png

If you don't get that, reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changes in the just released camera raw 12.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. It has indeed changed:

acr2.png

So now I have to spend half my workday figuring out if my old defaults, carefully adjusted for all ISO settings and three different camera bodies, are impacted, and worst case set them up all over again. <sigh>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the dropdown at all - it is greyed out. What an utter mess!

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 9.36.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cr*p! Not only are my old defaults gone, but ISO specific defaults are also gone!

This is a disaster - or am I missing something - ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently ISO specific is still possible, but they certainly didn't make it easy like it was!

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html#iso-dependent-presets-examples 

The links to the xmp files on that page are dead. They just return 404 error. Hopefully they will bring them to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been reading that but haven't yet worked out how to achieve it 😞   

Do you have to modify the xmp file by hand ?    Those example files may help, if /when we get to see them

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've flagged the broken help file links to Pete Green

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never ceases to amaze me how adobe can take a feature that has been working for years and completely screw it up by "improving" it. Do those people actually use the software? It was effortless to set the presets for raw file type and camera in the previous version. This worked seamlessly for all 5 of my cameras and I had no problems. This morning I "updated" and now not only is the system incomprehensible, all of my existing camera presets that have been tweaked over the years are gone. In what universe does this "improvement" help the photographer? If they had to change the system they could at least have given us a way to save our existing camera defaults. Really disappointing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't work for Adobe. We feel the pain the same as you.

I'm interested in how well the system works (if I can see how to create the file) as it sounds like it can interpolate values between ISOs and save on creating files for each value. I guess we will know once we can work out how to test it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Sorry for my confusion. My comments were directed at Adobe, not the Community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, this is extremely disrupting for me, and it just ruined a whole workday.

I frequently do shoots at very varying light levels (as I imagine many others do too), and I've always compensated on the fly by adjusting ISO as I go. I can go from 100 to 6400 in the blink of an eye. Knowing they all get the proper amount of noise reduction is important!

I had these defaults very carefully set up!! and for three different bodies. No, I didn't like this one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete Green got back to me and the links are now working

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

It appears we need to edit the xmp file using a text editor - but this does look straightforward looking at the examples. I would much prefer a facility in the user interface to do this though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We figured it out finally. It is possible to have ISO specific defaults in ACR/Lr. See this thread in the Lightroom forum with how-to:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/important-update-lightroom-classic-to-9-2-read-the-... 

Thanks to Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie for pointing me in the right direction (and Victoria Bampton).

Oh, BTW, the actual xmp is a bit harder to get to from ACR than from Lightroom. It's here:

presets.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the easiest way was to create a generic default for my camera, then make the ISO dependent changes and save each of them so that I could see exactly what to change. Then, using the example xmps as a guide , build a single "ISO dependent" file.

This really does need a proper UI creation tool though as it would be so easy to get the syntax incorrect and of course there is no syntax checker in Windows notepad!

Dave

Whilst an import preset was slow to produce by hand, it was still quicker than waiting for the next page to load in this forum 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. It's amazing we're still here. But that's me, the eternal optimist. I'm sure it'll be the greatest forum on the whole internet next week 🙂

As for the ACR defaults, I couldn't agree more. They can not possibly have thought this through. The way it's described on the Adobe help page is bordering on a casual dismissal. Xmp? Let them figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines