• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camra RAW 10.0 issues (again) with Sony .arw files in Ps and Br

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS of the new CC2018 versions and RAW 10.0 I am no longer able to view Sony's .arw files in Bridge or even open them with RAW (right click and open with RAW. So I figured maybe it wa a Bridge issue. Tried to open directly from Photoshop and still same error. RAW doesn't recognize the file format. AM now installing older versions that I know worked to see if I can have any success (doubtful) as of course there is no way to install prior versions of RAW! Come Adobe, this is basic stuff that shouldn't break so easily just because you insist on CC2018 being pushed out so quickly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony .ARW files are different for every camera model. The only common feature is the file extension ".ARW".

Exactly which model of Sony camera are your files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already checked to see if its on the list - RX-10ii and RX-10iii - As it is clearly an issue as this was all working fine in prior releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed it should be simple. When I'm faced with fundamental issues like this, I start from the beginning and piece the evidence together.

Next step is to confirm which version of Camera Raw is installed.

In Photoshop, click Help (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the issue by downgrading to the prior version of RAW as well as Bridge. Raw 10 is the culprit (as stated in the original post). Shooting at straws is a waste of your time as well as mine when I already tested everything from top to bottom. As stated, I reverted back and manually re-installed prior version and this works. My guess is that in the release of the cc2018 version (speaking about RAW 10) that some of the camera model files have been corrupted.  For example, Canon's CR2 files seem to work fine even on the new stuff. So perhaps a clean sweep of the config files (/ProgramData/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles and LensProfiles) should all be checked for inconsistencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not aware of any issues with Sony ARW files for cameras supported up to and including Camera Raw 10.0.

It's possible that the update to PS CC 2018 (and Camera Raw) was only partially successful. Have you tried installing Camera Raw 10.0 separately?

See: Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Raw 10 is the culprit

Glad you got it fixed although I'm not certain that Raw 10 is the culprit without further investigation.

Other possibilities still exist such as an incomplete update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines