• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I perfectly match real time video and stills in ACR?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`d like to transition from Panasonic gh5 video (10 bit 4:2:2/All-I) to gh5 time lapse video (and of exactly the same composition). The colours and other parameters would need to match for the transition from real time to time lapse not to look odd.
Using After Effects I produced a tif sequence from the real time video so that I could then open the tifs in Adobe Camera Raw using Bridge. I then processed the tifs in ACR, and then the raw stills in ACR in exactly the same way.
But the two resultant renders are WAY different. I don`t know what I`ve done wrong.
Any suggestions as to how I can colour match real time and time lapse, ideally using Adobe Camera Raw, would be really appreciated. Thanks. Ian
Footnote - it just occurred to me - I used hlg as my picture profile for the video. This presumably is the reason for the difference. But will Standard profile be better? Experimenting now...
Footnote two - standard profile even worse due to poorer dynamic range. I guess it`s trial and error 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?