• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open some files in ACR

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open some files in ACR.  Can't see a pattern.  CR2  and DNG files open in ACR, but some Tiffs do not.  Reason?  Suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene,

You can go to the Preferences for Camera Raw by going to the Edit menu (For Windows) and the Photoshop Menu (For Mac), then navigate to Preferences > Camera Raw, then select File Handling and change the settings for TIFF and JPEG (if required) to Automatically open all supported JPEG/TIFF from the drop down. Then click OK, quit and relaunch Photoshop.

Screenshot_31.png

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nikunj,

I found those settings already as you describe. Did not fix the problem. I typically edit my dngs in ACR, then move to PS and save finished work as a tiff. Its some my edited tiffs that don’t get the option to open in ACR. I have not been able to find any reason for the seemingly random failure of some edited tiffs to open. I also notice edited photos saved as .psd never seem to open in ACR. This is a phenomenon that started happening recently, after years of no such problems.

Thanks,
Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gene,

PSD files can not be opened with Camera raw, this has never been possible. For the TIFF files you are facing issues with, how ever those files saved and do you have multiple layers in the files? You would be able to open TIFF files in Camera Raw that have a single layer.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines